The Communications Associate works with other team members to write and distribute contents to promote programs/activity and the organisation’s work under the supervision of the Program Officer and Program Director. The Communications Associate will support the organisation’s internal and external communications strategy, write, and disseminate publicity materials including information, education and communication materials, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
The Communications Associate should be able to provide strategic inputs for annual work plans, proposal development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges with performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance, knowledge management and donor reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other activities of the organisation
- Update and maintain website content according to a schedule and the priorities of the organization.
- Post regularly on established Active Voices’ social media outlets in an innovative way to increase social media engagement.
- Implement a monitoring system for effectiveness of web communications.
- Provide design input on all publications for the organization.
- Write copy and proof-read copy across all print and digital channels
- Identify and effectively communicate project success by developing success stories and articles.
- Engage with mainstream media (electronic and print) to increase Active Voices’ visibility and promote project impact
- Design and compile technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements.
· Track and compile stories on gender-based violence
· Prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a university degree or its equivalent in English, Linguistics, mass communication, journalism, or any social science related fields.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point programmes is essential
- Experience in Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram)
- Basic research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, team and networking skills are essential
- Evidence of ability to think strategically; to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; candidate should be able to demonstrate a sense of cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Creativity, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
Additional Advantageous Competencies
- A strong commitment to development and humanitarian service
- Knowledge of relevant publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, Canva, Microsoft Publisher
- Knowledge of Graphic Design – CorelDraw and Infographic Development
- Prior Volunteer Experience