Industry: Pharmaceutical (Health & Wellness)
Our client is looking to hire a Business Development Manager with deep knowledge of sales and marketing in the health and wellness segment of the Pharmaceutical Industry. The candidate must have the ability to present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new products, identifying opportunities for campaigns and distribution channels that will lead to increased sales.
- Discuss with relevant authorities and strategic partners to ensure the establishment of the brand.
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies to drive Sales Team effectiveness on the Job.
- Strategically interface with the marketing team for effective execution of sales-oriented initiatives to deepen brand penetration.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with the Trade Partners to ensure close monitoring of sales personnel in assigned customer accounts both in the open market and in Modern trade.
- Expand and grow a new customer base with emphasis on Pharmacy Outlets, Chain Pharmacy Outlets and Bulk buyers.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Pursue continuous learning and professional development and stay up to date with the latest medical/pharmaceutical data
- B.Sc. degree
- 4-5 years of sales or marketing experience in the pharmaceuticals industry.
- Experience in launching new products and managing a high-performance sales team in an FMCG/Medical Organization is desirable.
- Must have desirable insights on regulatory requirements for NAFDAC, SON, etc.
- Demonstration of the capacity to lead and develop initiatives is essential.
- Strong communication; writing and team management skills
- Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Available to travel as needed
- Ethical and trustworthy
Other Skills and Characteristics
Networking, Persuasive, Prospecting, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, and Microsoft Office.