Business Development Assistant (3 times a week) – Youth Network for Community and Sustainable Development (YNCSD). Abuja, Nigeria.
Remuneration – to be based on experience.
The Business Development Assistant (BD, Assistant) supports all aspects of the business development lifecycle from opportunity identification through proposal development by supporting specific pursuits and maintaining the infrastructure of YNCSD’s new business apparatus. These responsibilities include a significant amount of coordination, collaboration, and timeline management in a dynamic team environment.
This position requires a high degree of organization with the ability to engage with colleagues across departments and at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, to support business development systems, processes, and pursuits. The BD Assistant is responsible for maintaining the client relationship management (CRM)/BD database, preparing related reports, developing/maintaining content libraries, serving as coordinator on BD pursuits supporting the Learning, Resource Mobilization Officer (LRMO) and technical lead, and proofing/formatting content of proposals and other deliverables prior to submission. This is an ideal opportunity for an entry level staffer to learn industry business development processes and practices while also developing a working knowledge of specific international development technical sectors.
Essential Job Functions:
- Business intelligence gathering:
- Conduct daily and weekly monitoring of business opportunities according to a define methodology, taking responsibility for data integrity and continuously improving efficiency and comprehensiveness
- Conduct research on topics of interest that advance YNCSD’s business and mission, including clients, thematic work, partner analyses, and geographic areas.
- BD databases and reporting:
- Support YNCSD’s BD function to ensure that the CRM database and pipeline of opportunities are reviewed regularly, and that new information and notifications are updated in CRM
- Monitor potential opportunities, update go/no-go reporting and ongoing project status
- Support routine and ad-hoc BD reporting and meetings
- Coordinate CRM database administration and change requests with IT; enact changes and data uploads; support end-user training
- For specific BD opportunities:
- Act as coordinator on specific opportunities, supporting the LRMO and technical lead during pre- and post-proposal phases to:
- Compile and/or conduct assessment data or desk research, collect preliminary documentation, support recruitment, and other pre-proposal preparatory activities
- Prepare proposal calendars and help monitor progress in meeting deadlines
- Support analysis of solicitation requirements and creation of compliance matrices to ensure proposals meet all requirements and scope defined by clients
- Serve as point of contact for subcontractors and teammates, including preparing and compiling data calls and other materials
- Support writing of proposal sections, including staffing, past performance, and other supporting documentation; perform quality-control editing and proofreading
- Help maintain proposal content library so that documentation and learnings are captured for future use
- Successfully complete required corporate trainings and certifications including Risk Management and Security Policy and Protocol, Ethics and Compliance, and other required areas
- Actively manage risk by identifying and reporting risks and incidents through YNCSD’s Risk and Incident Management System
- Understand and adhere to YNCSD’s Ethics standards
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.), working towards a Bachelors degree or at least 1 year of related experience in resource mobilization, proposals development or NGO donor experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights landscape in Nigeria and internationally
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience working in international development, specifically as a proposal assistant, resource mobilization assistant or similar capacity.
- Exposure to relevant technical sector(s) in the field of international development
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse and multicultural teams
- Proficiency in MS package (MS Word, MS Excel)
- A persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and proactive approach to tasks
- Function well in a fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Detail-orientation with superb organizational skills and strong follow-through
- Great ability to prioritize and manage schedules
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values
- Ability to work remotely with possibility of onsite work schedules.