Integrated Software Services Ltd, a leading provider of software to the banking and financial sector in Nigeria, is experiencing substantial growth and seeks a Banking Software Implementation Consultant.
This position requires practical experience in the accounting and operations of banks and stock broking firms combined with experience in implementing financial applications. The compensation includes a base pay plus commissions based on successful project completions.
You will work as part of an implementation team and be responsible for on-site implementations of accounting applications for primary mortgage institutions, microfinance banks and stock-broking companies. The position involves working on multiple implementations concurrently and some travel.
Purpose of the Position:
The Banking Software Implementation Officer is responsible for bridging the gap between Information Technology and Client’s Business processes. He/She will coordinate the successful integration of our financial application software into client enterprises (majorly MFBs, PMIs & SB).
Scope of the Position:
- The Banking Software Implementation officer reports to the Product Manager for technical issues and reports to the Team Lead on Client Relationship issues. The overall performance appraisal of the BSIO will be weighted both on technical matters and client satisfaction amongst other factors.
- The BSIO will be responsible for the successful implementation of the application through the phases of installation, setup, training to live take-off. He/She will be responsible for the on-going support of the application as well as be involved in the metamorphic stages of the application.
- Failure to implement the application successfully may result in undue delay in project timeframes and result in lost or misused revenues, inaccurate financial statements and financial mismanagement for both the client and ISSL.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance)
- Basic Requirements for an Entry level staff:
- Degree in a Financial discipline or Computing
- Very High Numerate Skills
- Working knowledge of accounting (if a graduate of any of the financial disciplines)
- Past experience and experience with banking applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server (if a graduate of Computing*)
- Working knowledge of Networks (if a graduate of Computing*)
- MS Windows and MS Office fluency
- Excellent communication (Oral & written) and organizational skills
- The ability to travel and work from either a company office or a remote location
- An experienced staff must, in addition to the above, have
- Demonstrable knowledge of banking system setup and process flow for core banking functions
- Practical experience (not less than 1 full year in the same organization) in a banking operations function
- Experience as a member of a professional team providing similar services
Skills & Abilities
- This position requires a lot of interaction with clients and the successful candidate must be amiable, good natured, patient and detailed in carrying out his/her assignments.
- The ideal candidate must be technology-oriented and will be required to possess an in-depth understanding of banking and/or accounting experience. The ideal candidate must be a team player, possess the ability to communicate effectively and be willing to work hard. The position involves working on multiple implementations concurrently and some travel. Effective time management and organizational skills are key to minimizing the pressure associated with the role of a Relationship Officer.
- The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task and must be ready to work under pressure. Long hours, Road and Air Travel are a part of the job.