Line Manager: FINANCE OFFICER
Line Manager + 1 : ADMIN. Co.
Location: Based in Maiduguri with visits
Duration of contract: 6 month (with to project locations possible extension)
Expected hiring date: ASAP
CONTEXT & BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
The eight-year conflict in Nigeria’s northeast has created a deepening humanitarian crisis. Boko Haram violence and military operations continue to affect millions of people across the region. Nearly 1.9 million people have been forced to flee their homes; more than half of these people are children. Despite massive funding deficits and challenging humanitarian access in some areas, mainly in Borno State, humanitarian partners have scaled up efforts to assist 6.9 million of the most vulnerable people. From January until end of February this year, at least 1.9 million people received life-saving assistance. The key figures are:
- 6.1 million people are in need of protection assistance
- 5.1 million people are food insecure
- 3.4 million people need nutrition assistance
- 2.9 million people need education support
- 2.3 million people are in need of emergency shelter and NFI
- 3.6 million people need WASH services
More than 50,000 people risk famine in Nigeria’s north-eastern Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states between June and August. Some 5.2 million people are projected to suffer severe food scarcity, a third of them will face “emergency” levels of hunger.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of Admin Officer, Admin Assistant will be required to assist and support in Cash box management of Coordination Office, administration/management of National and Expatriate Human Resources and implementation of Human Resource systems in compliance with SIF and donor rules and procedures
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
- Report technically to the Admin Officer, Maiduguri.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Support the Administration Manager in translating documents into local language. Assists the Administration Manager in meetings upon request.
- Controlling and monitoring cash payments from the cashbox and coding and recording cash transactions in the daily cashbook or accounting system,
- Performing daily cash counts and investigating any discrepancies
- Following-up on cash advances and ensuring they are duly settled
- Carrying out transfer requests between cash and safe box
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval signatories, and correctness of account codes
- Performing currency exchange operations when required.
- Assisting with the preparation of salary payments as required .
- Performing monthly reconciliations before closing the monthly accounts, managing bank reconciliations and monthly bank statements if applicable.
- Any other task assigned/requested by Line manager or Admin Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Economics, Cooperative, Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role (INGO/Private Sector)
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented person.
- Analytical, accurate and able to multi task.
- Passionate about the humanitarian context and serving the poorest of the poor
- Ability to produce quality work and decisions under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Exemplary skills in all basic Computer software – MS word, Excel, Power point, spread sheets etc.
- Very good communication skills and team player.
- A good mastery of written and spoken English language
- Acceptance of diverse cultures and religion
- Indigens of Borno State are strongly advised to apply.
The position is based in Based in Maiduguri with frequent visits to project locations
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV + a cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email
Mandatory: The email subject line should be marked: "SIF Nigeria – Admin Assistant".