Responsible for management and development of the company’s accounting system. The job incumbent will also have the task of providing effective financial leadership for the company. Coordination and execution of all financial related activities in the business in order to ensure financial management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Prepares, examines, and analyzes accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
· Analyzes business operations, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice;
· Develops, maintains, and analyzes budgets, prepares periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
· Keeps accurate records of monthly payroll calculations, payments and deductions;
· Manages financial expenditure, including running costs, staff expenses, administrative costs;
· Ensures that accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed;
· Manages and tracks fixed assets;
· Maintains all official accounting records in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles;
· Manages the proper collection, reconciliation and banking of monies;
· Compiles and remits VAT, WHT and other statutory deductions to government agencies;
· Liaises with auditors and provides relevant documents during audit periods;
· Manages and controls various book keeping duties and functions.
· B.Sc degree in Accounting from an accredited university;
· Professional certification such as ICAN/ACCA is required.
· Knowledge of general accounting principles such as IFRS.
· Working with people;
· Presenting and communicating information;
· Writing and reporting;
· Applying expertise and technology;
· Planning and organizing;
· Delivering results and meeting customer expectations;
· Leading and Supervising;
· 3-5 years’ work experience in Accounting is required.
This job has expired. Application is no longer allowed
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Join our happy subscribers