Principal Protocol and Events Management Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
Posted on: 12 June, 2018
Deadline: 11 July, 2018
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at African Development Bank - AfDB
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Principal Protocol and Events Management Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Protocol Officer Privileges & Immunities and Diplomatic Missions, the Principal Protocol and Events Management Officer will:
- Provide Protocol services for the President of the Bank, in particular by assisting the President at the airport, accompanying him on missions; ensuring protocol coverage of his official activities, such as meetings, lunches, dinners, high-level visits, etc.;
- Provide Protocol services for Elected Officers, Senior Management and Special Guests, in particular by assisting them at the airport, during their visits to the host country and as necessary during the Bank’s Annual Meetings;
- Assist the Country Office Manager in carrying out his/her representation functions, in particular as they apply to the planning, organization, management, coordination and supervision of the Bank’s relations with the host country;
- Prepare draft documents, memoranda, all notes verbal or correspondence relating to his /her duties and generally in all tasks entrusted to him/her by the Director of the Country Office;
- Monitor the implementation of the Agreement establishing the regional hub as well as the immunities, privileges and exemptions extended to the Country Offices in the region and staff;
- Formulate, transmit and follow up, in conjunction with the competent host country authorities, requests for tax exemption, long-stay visas, diplomatic and international organization cards, vehicle registration and Value Added Tax exoneration, and administer and follow up dossiers for presentation of newly recruited staff to host country authorities;
- Handle and follow up any diplomatic disputes arising out of the application of the Host Country Agreements, in close collaboration with the Legal Services Department ;
- Coordinate with the Bank Security Unit, all activities pertaining to the security of the Country Offices and staff and prepare reports as necessary; represent the Bank in meetings with the host country authorities (mainly Ministry of Foreign Affairs) concerning security of diplomatic missions and international organizations;
- Assist the Country Offices and staff with matters relating to immunities, privileges and exemptions, and related administrative formalities and processes;
- Prepare and participate in meetings organized by the host country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs on management of privileges and immunities granted to the Bank and its staff;
- Manage ceremonies and events of the Bank, including, but not limited to, loan, guarantee or grant agreement signing ceremonies, and all other meetings, conferences and events organized or sponsored by the Bank in the host country;
- Manage visits by high-level guests of the Bank in the host country;
- Manage relations between the Bank and foreign diplomatic representations to facilitate travel of Bank staff and their dependents for official missions or private travel;
- Manage relations between the Bank and other international organizations, particularly in planning for the participation of the President and Bank delegations in high-level meetings;
- Perform related duties assigned by the Director of the regional hub, the Division Manager or the Secretary General.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master's Degree or its equivalent in Public International Law or equivalent qualification in International Relations, Political Science, Diplomacy or a similar or related field.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years professional experience holding a diplomatic position or a similar position in a multilateral development bank, Government or an international organization.
- The job holder should also have a sound experience in ceremony and event management.
- Experience in public administration and law, planning and organization of high level meetings and events management.
- Excellent communication skills, good analytical and negotiation skills. A keen sense of initiative and anticipation as well as creativeness, rigorous and methodical approach.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- A good knowledge of diplomatic norms and practices
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point); knowledge of SAP (or other integrated document management system or quantitative and qualitative data analysis packages) is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from African Development Bank - AfDB
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Training Assistant - Delivery, Evaluation and Vendor Management at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Senior Agricultural Economist Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Principal Global Client Management Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Know More About African Development Bank - AfDBSimilar Jobs
- Administrative Assistant at RTI International
- Operations Officer at LoftyInc Allied Partners
- Male Admin Officer at DM Holdings
- Archiving & Filing Officer at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Liaison Officers at Kennedia Consulting
- Chaplaincy Secretary at Jesuit Memorial College
- Receptionist at Stresert Services Limited
- Front Desk/Receptionist at Byteworks