Gender Based Violence Specialist at EnCompass
Posted on: 16 May, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at EnCompass
EnCompass offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation.
Gender Based Violence Specialist
- The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (2014-2019). AIDSFree is implemented by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Inc., Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH. AIDSFree supports and advances implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level.
- This is a short-term, full-time position from June 1, 2018 - September 18, 2018 in Abuja, Nigeria and will report to the Senior Gender Advisor.
- AIDSFree is seeking an experienced Gender Based Violence Specialist for the AIDSFree program in Nigeria that focuses on gender integration in HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs. The objectives of this scope of work are to support the Nigerian Government and PEPFAR implementing partners to ensure:
- Community-based service providers and health facilities adopt evidence-based gender programming.
- State and LGA social service systems have strengthened capacity to support post-GBV Care.
- CBOs and health facilities can support sustained gender norm and GBV prevention and response services.
- AIDSFree will provide tailored technical assistance to meet individual, identified needs of PEPFAR implementing partners (IPs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) with which IPs work that increases their capacity to design and implement current or future interventions that are gender-aware or transformative, and prevent and respond to GBV (including referrals and linkages).
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Train PEPFAR IPs and CBOs to conduct active case finding of GBV and provide post-GBV care
- Provide one-to-one mentoring on GBV prevention, response, and case management via Flipgrid, face-to-face, and via phone/Skype, and develop tools/checklists/resources/job aids to meet expressed, unique needs of IPs and CBOs.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, social sciences or a related field.
Experience and Skills:
- 4-6 years of experience with integrating GBV prevention and response in projects
- Strong technical expertise in GBV prevention and response in HIV projects
- Experience with facilitating group process or training on GBV issues
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Excellent English oral and written skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from EnCompass
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Gender Integration Specialist at EnCompass
- Senior Gender Advisor at EnCompass
- Know More About EnCompassSimilar Jobs
- Volunteers at Mobile Health Consult
- Psychologist Interns at Mobile Health Consult
- Matron at KyDAL Office Point
- School Nurse at Dawn Michaels School
- Livelihood Specialist at Plan International
- Referral Nurse at Medecins Du Monde
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Stakeholder Democracy Network
- Quality Assurance Officer at Lily Hospitals Limited