Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states - Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna - focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
Application Developer - Nutrition System
Job Id: sav-99394
- This role provides professional technical, communications and administrative support to the Nutrition team. The Post holder will develop and maintain high quality mobile applications for the Alive & Thrive (A & T) and WINNN programme.
- He/She is expected to collaborate with implementation teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced department as well as provide critical support to data/information management and communications activities, assisting the A & T team by developing and implementing an appropriate communications products and outputs for the team.
- The incumbent will work closely with the A & T team both in the States and Country Office, to plan communications, logistics and administrative needs and also in meeting documentations, compilation and filing of Project reports and other relevant Project documents.
- The post holder will support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support), produce fully functional mobile applications, gather user requirements and suggest solutions, Troubleshoot and debug applications to optimize performance. Design interfaces (plan new features) to improve user experience in collaboration with the Nutrition and IT teams.
- He/She will ensure that new and legacy applications meet quality standards, research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols based on acceptability and usage from implementation sites while staying up-to-date with new technology trends.
- S/he will be responsible for implementing and developing a variety of communications pieces including email announcements, communications and training materials as agreed.
Scope of Role
- The post holder will report to Head of Nutrition (direct) IT Manager (matrix) and work closely with the WINNN programme team (namely DPM) and A&T (namely PM and Sr SBCC Officer) as well as the SNA.
Key Deliverables Include
- Lead the design and roll out of the A&T IPC component through mobile phones
- Support the state teams on the use of mobile phone technology for IPC and reporting
- Ensure IT support for the project and users
- Documentation of minutes of Project related meeting.
- Compilation and filing of Project reports and other relevant Project documents.
- Support the design and development of communication and visibility materials in accordance with the standards of Alive and Thrive.
- Support the procurement of data tools and communication materials and distribution to the States, such as raising Procurement Requests, participating in tender meetings, following up with the logistics team on progress of procurement.
- Support the preparation and implementation of events with the Admin and Logistics teams as the case may be.
- Support processing payment for consultants and other payments as directed by the line manager
- Support travel arrangements for Alive and Thrive team, Partners sponsored by SCI
- Administrative and Logistics support to the team as requested.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications Experience and Skills
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Mobile developer
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications
- In-depth knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Understanding of communications and staff engagement within a high profile global organisation utilising a range of new and traditional media.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and displays the potential for distilling complex information and materials into digestible and inspiring messages.
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to manage a large workload in a pressured environment, working to short and long term objectives and tight deadlines. Attention to detail and ability to follow tasks and ideas through to completion.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs.
- Experience in drafting communications materials such as emails, newsletter content, internet content, etc.
- Understanding of NGO operations.
- Demonstrable experience working with various social media.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, design software and other digital tools.
- Proactive approach to work and the ability to identify and implement effective processes for achieving outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the Save the Children values.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.