Senior Draftsman at Gordon Barrett
Posted on: 8 May, 2018
Deadline: 11 May, 2018
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Gordon Barrett
Gordon Barrett is a human resource management and organizational development firm maximizing sustainable growth by providing innovative human capital strategies. We are on a mission to facilitate change by ensuring increased productivity and profitability in the overall business process of our clients.
Description of Function
- The Senior Draftsman will report to the Lead Draftsman/Engineering Manager and be responsible for a team of engineers in undertaking design elements for major offshore, onshore and subsea projects.
- He/she will manage production of drawings and reports and coordinate drafting specifications, including calculations and other technical documents. He/ she will assist in ensuring that the team produces deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget and will also supervise and manage all Draftsmen in the Drafting department.
- The Lead Draftsman will be attending meetings and communicating with other teams on project specific issues, liaise with clients and provide leadership and mentoring to junior draftsmen.
- Leads and co-ordinates a team of draftsmen
- Can take the function as Designer (Head of Group), according to the complexity of the project
- Is responsible for delivering in part or in whole the drawings of a project depending on the volume and complexity and according to the data and instructions given by the engineer and/or Discipline Lead Drafting.
- Carries out projects, feasibility study and justify technical choices together with the engineer.
- Delivers fabrication drawings and/or drawings for aids to installation.
- Defines tasks and give instructions to the draftsmen who assist him.
- Ensures compliance with norms and specifications in use.
- Controls the drawings issued by the drafting office.
- Supervises the expediting of documents and updates the drafting office master
- Follows up progress on the project drawings
- Regularly provides activity progress reports to management and project leadership.
- Assist in defining and maintaining drafting office organisation and layout.
- Specifying, maintaining and updating 2D and 3D CAD tools in liaison with the IT department, and assisting the management for new acquisitions.
- Ensuring that personnel are aware of the company’s HSE policy and that it is adequately considered in the deliverables which are produced.
- Ensure that personnel are aware of the company’s Quality Policy.
- Represent the company at relevant professional events.
- Prepare or validate preliminary studies for design and /or installation.
- Prepare or validate preliminary technical operating plan.
- Prepare or validate preliminary system description and MTO.
- Prepare and check estimation of engineering man-hours and time estimate for operations.
- Propose clarifications and qualifications.
- Plan, prepare and deliver calculation notes for design and installation.
- Plan, prepare and deliver Installation procedures (including material and equipment list, planning,)
- Follow-up execution of projects drawings.
- Plan, Prepare and deliver requisitions and/or specifications.
- Provide technical assistance to supply chain management.
- Participate in operations.
- Responsible for the planning for his/her scope of work
- Carries out drawing of structural design and installation aids.
Capability Profile - Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Qualification: A HND in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of Upper Credit division or a Bachelor’s degree in Building or Architecture with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division. Applicants with Second Class Lower Division who possess a Master’s degree in the relevant field will be considered. COREN Certificate (certification in progress is accepted).
- Experience: Eight (8) - Ten (10) years relevant post qualification experience (which includes National Youth Service) in the Design Engineering function of a reputable Multinational or Professional Engineering Design organization.
- Good knowledge in BTS/DUT (Steel Construction) software
- Good knowledge in BTS ROC (Construction of welded works) software
- Good knowledge in DAO CAO programmes, AutoCAD 2D-3D, INVENTOR V10 and PDMS.
- Creativity and innovation
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of a range of technologies and engineering drawings
- Drawing / CAD drafting ability
- Knowledge of computer-assisted design software
- Ability to liaise effectively with colleagues in many other departments
- Communicate well diagrammatically and in writing.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Sound technical skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts well diagrammatically, in speech and writing.
- Problem-solving to anticipate identify and resolve problems at any stage.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Negotiating skills.
- Management ability and supervisory skills.
- Team oriented.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from Gordon Barrett
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Intermediate Structural Engineer at Gordon Barrett
- Know More About Gordon BarrettSimilar Jobs
- AC Technician (Air Conditioning System) at Willers Solutions
- Admin/Facility Officer at Paykobo
- Civil Engineer at Horkey International Services Limited
- Structural Engineer at Horkey International Services Limited
- ERP Technical Manager at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc.
- Site Engineer at Bradfield Consulting
- Engineer II (Electrical) at University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan
- Higher Technical Officer (Mechanical) at University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan