Applications ore invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Chief Security Officer at Federal Polytechnic, Ede.
Chief Security Officer
- The Chief Security Officer is responsible to the Rectorfor the general odministrotion/operationol duties and supervision of Security Division.
- He/She is to ensure the protection of lives and properties, crime prevention and enforcement of Polytechnic Regulations.
- The Chief Security Officer is to collate and evaluate intelligence data, he/she is to liaise with external Security System on related matters, subject to clearance with the Rector. In addition, the Chief Security Officer is to advise the Rector on prevention and diffusion of security problems on the campuses.
- He/She is also to coordinate the work and activities of different sections ofthe Security Division as well as the constituents units of the Institution.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The candidate who should not be more than fifty (50) years at the point of appointment must possess experience with any Armed Force of Police and must not be below the rank of retired Major in the Nigerian Armed Forces or Retired Deputy Commissioner of Police or Assistant Commissioner of Police in the Nigerian Police with at least 15 years experience.
- The candidate must also show evidence of clean record of service.
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
- The position attracts fringe and other benefits as approved from time to time by the Polytechnic.
- Successful candidate will join the service on contract basis only on salary grade CONTEDISS 12
(N2,1 05,799.00- N2,838,325.000).
Method of Application
Interested candidates are expected to submit ten (10) typewritten copies of application including photocopies of relevant certificate and curriculum vitae. Candidates are advised to request three (3) referees, who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the
Federal Polytechnic, Ede,
Applications ore to be submitted in 0 sealed envelope and marked "POST OF CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER" on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
P.M.B. 231, Ede,
And to reach the office ofthe Registrar not later then six (6) weeks from the dote of this publication.