Manager, Information Technology (Core Banking Support) at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
Posted on: 13 February, 2018
Deadline: 30 September, 2018
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
The African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
Manager, Information Technology (Core Banking Support)
Reference: LPF 3801
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Functional support of the Core Banking system and interdependent interfaces.
- Configuration, patches, update and upgrade management of the Core Banking system.
- Manage and support integration of the Core Banking system with other interconnected applications.
- Provide business analysis and requirements gathering support for end-users.
- Draft and Implement the IT Disaster Recovery Plan in collaboration with the IT team. Ensure that Core Banking. Application, tools and data are available on the disaster recovery site at any time required.
- Document any necessary procedure related to Core Banking application for reference.
- Anticipates Core Banking application problems and implement preventive measures.
- Investigate and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize Core Banking application availability.
- Develop management information reports and dashboard using business objects, crystal report and other applicable tools.
- Design and manage data warehouse applications and tools.
- Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) with application service providers.
- Actively manage the timely resolution of outstanding defects or issues impacting the business.
- Support the preparation of key presentations, strategy documentation and other documents.
- Handle and implement requests for application customizations.
- Provide end-user training.
- Investigate user problems, identify root cause, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree from a recognized University, a Master’s degree in a relevant field or a recognized professional qualification in lieu.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Core Banking support & configuration management in a modern international ICT environment.
- Implementation and management experience of Core Banking Software (Finacle particularly) very desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing banking application support processes including application defect management.
- Demonstrated expertise in Solution architecture and system development life cycle.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of system testing.
- Ability to develop customized software applications from functional specification.
- Knowledge of Agile development framework.
- Demonstrated experience in software application implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing service level agreement with application service providers.
- Knowledge of business reporting tools such as business object, crystal report and reporting writing.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives;
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Manager, Information Technology (Core Banking Support) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recent Jobs from African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Manager, Strategy & Innovation (Performance & Reporting) at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Manager, Banking Operations (Commodities) at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Regional Chief Operating Officer (Southern Africa) at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Manager, Legal (Project & Asset Finance) at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Manager, Intra-African Trade Facilitation at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Director, Export Development Programme at African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)
- Know More About African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank)Similar Jobs
- Head, ICT at AXA Mansard
- Webmaster/Administrator at Human Leadership Resources
- Solutions Manager at Main One Cable
- Platform Developer at Zola Electric
- IP Telephony Engineer at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- IT Assistant at WADHI
- Graphics Designer at RTI International
- Odoo ERP Administrator at Vascon Solutions