Water and Habitat Purchaser at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 9 January, 2018
Deadline: 17 January, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Water and Habitat Purchaser
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Responsible for the procurement of all requested Water & Habitat (WatHab) goods and Services for the ICRC Sub Delegation in Maiduguri as well as for the ICRC Office in Damaturu securing the best correlation of quality, price and delivery time
- Undertakes any needed regularisation/correction in Procurement files. Must ensure that the Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) contain all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions.
- Receives WatHab RFT, ST, PO/contracts from the field and verifies/screen them thoroughly before submitting to the Logistics Delegate for further treatment
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers together with WatHab
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo as well as with WatHab
- Liaises with WatHab for the purchasing forecast
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in Engineering or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- PC literate: Microsoft office.
- Understand well the work and needs of the WatHab department
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate the job title and Location as the subject of your application
- Application intended for this role without this subject will not be treated. Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
TO VIEW SALARIES OF ICRC, CLICK HERE
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection of Civilian Population (PCP) Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Prison System Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Accountant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Administrative Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Operations Manager at Primus Group
- Local Welding Inspector at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Coating Inspector at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- NDT Inspector at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Design Engineer at TRANOS
- Automation Engineer/Supervisor at WACOT Limited
- Machine Operator at WACOT Limited
- Machinist at Beamco Nigeria Limited