Commercial Legal Advisor at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 9 November, 2017
Deadline: 15 November, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Commercial Legal Advisor
- To provide the company advisory service regarding the drafting, legality, structuring, fiscal efficiency and compliance of contractual arrangements.
- Ensure continuous liaison with External Solicitors for regular updates, compliance with procedural rules of court, stipulated time limits for actions, etc. so as to minimize the cost and adverse effect of litigation.
- Review legal cases, petitions and internal matters requiring legal input /perspective, consult with all relevant parties, advise on case/petition/legal related matter, provide recommendation on course of action and effectively take appropriate and approved action in accordance with the rules and regulations of MTNN.
- Draft legal agreements and review all relevant documentation supporting contracts for authenticity and validity, reviewing commercial agreements and documentations of transactions.
- Conduct proactive prevention of litigation, ensuring Legal processes and services are effective and efficient in line with defined and approved design and rules.
- Administer controls to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and effectively integrate ethics, compliance and preventive law efforts, ensuring MTNN activities are compliant with laid down laws and governing regulations/statutes.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Carry out legal (administrative) services work including liaison/correspondence with external bodies and organizations, structuring and negotiating commercial transactions.
- Settle legal issues between MTNN and 3rd parties, assisting in managing liquidations and disputes.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- National / International travel and a valid driver’s license.
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 3 year post Degree
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Civil/commercial litigation experience.
- Knowledge of telecommunications environment will be an advantage.
- Commercial/technical and/or further legal qualification will be an advantage
- Experience in handling and negotiating funding
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian framework
- Basic GSM technology
- Contract drafting and negotiation skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Manager, Global Accounts Management at MTN Nigeria
- Officer, Public Relations (Media Relations) at MTN Nigeria
- Officer, Public Relations (Events & Sponsorship) at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Contracts Specialist at IHS Towers
- Senior Litigation Lawyer at Ascension Consulting Services
- HR Legal Consultant (Short Term) at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Protocol Officer at African Development Bank - AfDB
- Practice Manager at Stresert Services Limited
- Head, Legal/Company Secretary at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Specialist, Legal Services (Contract & Advisory) at 9Mobile
- Solicitor at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)