If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
PHP Developer Intern
Requisition ID: 1700002P
Our ideal PHP Developer must be dedicated to the craft and should have written codes that they are proud of. The PHP Developer Intern will be responsible for:
- Writing “clean”, well-designed codes
- Produce detailed specifications
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Adopt industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- Fresh Graduates or Undergraduates of Computer Science, Engineering or related Departments
- Available to work full time for a period of 3 – 6 months
- Must have an advanced to fluent level of English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Confident self-starter who has demonstrated drive
- Excellent organization skills, ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and work to deadlines.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Proven Software Development experience in PHP
- Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
Successful interns will be expected to:
- Demonstrate leadership abilities
- Have High performance standards with a passion to achieve positive business results.
- Be Curious with a desire to learn and expand skill set.
- Be Flexible, adaptable, and open to change.
As valuable members of our team, FirstBank interns will receive many benefits including:
- Challenging work assignments
- Developmental feedback
- Opportunities to network and learn from industry leaders within the marketing communications and digital space
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.