Programme Advisor (Community Health) at TY Danjuma Foundation
Posted on: 7 June, 2016
Deadline: 17 June, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at TY Danjuma Foundation
TY Danjuma Foundation is at the forefront of grant making to NGOs, CBOs and CBAs working in the areas of community health and education. We are currently seeking to hire experienced and resourceful person to fill the vacant position below:
Programme Advisor (Community Health)
- Provision of guidance to grantees/organizations ‘through the entire application process” from concept development through presentation of proposals and evaluation results on all health related projects.
- Prepare proposal analysis including written summaries and recommendations for review and action.
- Supervise assigned portfolio of grantees in the health sector
- Develop reports to aggregate evaluation results and communicate the Foundation’s impact in the community as may be required.
- Ensure that grant records are complete, accurate and current. Maintain statistical information regarding grant-making activity of the Foundation.
- Monitor implementation of grant by requesting and reviewing written evaluations and by conducting site visits to a representative number of grant recipients
- Review letters of inquiry and full proposals to ensure that required information has been provided. And, conduct additional research into the relevant field of interest and/or non-profit organization.
- Provide assistance to grant seekers and grant recipients organizations, as necessary, to direct them to other resources for organizational development, funding, program ideas, training etc.
- Respond to inquiries from non-profit organizations regarding the Foundations’ grant-making guidelines and Requests for Proposals
- Consult with non-profit organizations regarding specific grant proposals to ensure that proposals meet Foundation guidelines and/or initiative requirements.
- Develop and maintain contact with key stakeholders in the non-profit organizations society.
- Support initiatives developed/coordinated by Grantees and Communities
- Keep abreast of emerging issues both locally and nationally in the health sector.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Other tasks include:
- Building relationships with stakeholders including government (FG, State, LGA) and partners at national and community levels.
- Support the State Coordinators in the development, execution and monitoring of TYDF programmes and projects including new and change projects.
- Review and track risks in approved health projects; reporting on risks and mediation plan in a timely manner.
- Support the Programme Unit in providing professional project management service to grantees and stakeholders and when necessary should take the lead in direct oversight of a sub-set of community-based health projects.
- Assist in developing appropriate communication strategy for health projects, ensuring that agreed process are adhered to by grantees/organizations in implementation of health projects.
- Reporting on the impact of programmes; sharing lessons with management and grantees.
- Academic and Professional: Degree qualified in Sciences, Public/ Community Health or Medical Sciences. Master degree is essential; Professional membership of relevant bodies in the not-for-profit organisation and management, as well as training in the areas of community health, programme monitoring and evaluation is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience, some of which must be in a similar role in a reputable not-for-profit organisation.
- Grant-making experience would be strongly preferred.
- Ability to conduct baseline studies without supervision
- Conversant with modern techniques for monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- High level of professionalism, courage, accountability, and personal integrity,
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and proactive,
- Strong critical thinking skills and capable of anticipating organizational needs,
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including MS Projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of issues related to community health, primary health care and infectious diseases in Nigeria
- Field experience outside the NGO world: notably in government at any level, or in an appropriate medical or educational facility.
- Ability to communicate in Hausa is a plus.
- Commitment to work in the field
- Capacity to conceptualize programme interventions
- Experience working with senior managers and stakeholders
- Demonstrable skill in Networking and Partnership
Applicants should send their applications and CVs to email@example.com
Your application should contain the following:
- An application letter (no more than 2 pages) stating why you think you are suitable for the position and what value you hope to bring to the Foundation if given the opportunity;
- A 2-page CV which speaks directly to the position of your interest.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from TY Danjuma Foundation
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Programme Advisor (Education) at TY Danjuma Foundation
- Know More About TY Danjuma FoundationSimilar Jobs
- Grants and Partnership Manager at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Porridge Mom Comparative Costing Study with Wet Feeding Consultancy at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Medical Officer at Imo International Health Systems
- Peri-Operative Nurse at Imo International Health Systems
- Oncology Nurse at Imo International Health Systems
- Programme Consultant - Male Engagement at UN Women
- AVR Training Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- AVR Community Policing Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)