Senior Manager | Manager Project Operations at GRM International
Posted on: 12 February, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GRM International
GRM is a leading international development management company specialising in the provision of project design, management expertise and technical assistance to development projects for bilateral and multilateral funding agencies, governments and corporations. We have nearly 50 years of development experience, managing in excess of 800 projects in more than 120 countries for private, government, bilateral and multilateral clients.
Senior Manager | Manager Project Operations
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders
- Serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project
- Support corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal and financial requirements are met and maintained for the entity and project
- Prepare and maintain project specific components of the project operations manual
- In collaboration with corporate services, provide training and guidance to project staff on and ensure compliance with company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations (covering as required security, occupational health and safety, risk management, planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other operational matters)
- Establish project offices and office infrastructure
- Participate in the development and maintenance of project work plans
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: Monthly Management Reports (MMRs), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose
- Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated; escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required
- In collaboration with Internal Audit/Systems Review, conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls
- Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts
- Monitor and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities
- Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required
- Establish project levels of delegated authority in accordance with company policy and manage the process for higher-level approvals as required
- In collaboration with Finance establish project account codes, ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet client’s and project’s requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and value for money (VFM) reporting
- In collaboration with Treasury, set-up project bank accounts with appropriate company and project signatories
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements
- Support project human resource planning and recruitment and contracting and coordinate inputs and support from the company’s HR and Recruitment teams
- Support development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations
- Facilitate field office leases
- Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruptions and due diligence processes
- Report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants
- Participate in capture planning, providing inputs on operational requirements, including but not limited to the requirements for company registration and banking arrangements
Minimum education and experience required
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree (with a Master’s degree preferred).
- A minimum of 7 to 9 years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years project management experience with DFID, DFAT, USAID or other donor client(s).
- Experience managing large and complex projects.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
Key competencies and professional expertise require
- Formal Project Management training and expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
Method of Application
To apply, visit GRM Career Page
- Recent Jobs from GRM International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Associate, Project Operations at GRM International
- Senior Associate Project Operations at GRM International
- Know More About GRM InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Personal Assistant at SYOJ Consulting & Management Services
- Front Desk Officer at Airlude Travel & Tour
- IT Project / Marketing Manager at McOlay Concepts International
- Business Intelligence Manager at Smart Partners
- Hotel Manager at BlueSlip
- Operations Supervisor, Pick-Up Services at God Is Good Motors - GIGM
- Administrative Manager at Tunde Adejumo & Co.
- Head, Valuation and Project Management Department at Tunde Adejumo & Co.