Are you ready to be an Italian Chef with InterContinental? The InterContinental brand looks for charming, confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. The Intercontinental Hotel Lagos is located Nigeria in West Africa. Our hotel is looking for a Italian Chef to join our team.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1) Take complete ownership of the restaurant
2) The chef will be required to interact and socialize with guests like a traditional Chef Patron
3) Works very closely with the restaurant managers (planning & strategy)
4) Works very closely with the restaurant Sommelier (planning & strategy for the wine)
5) Works closely with Director of Sales & Marketing in order to promote and keep guests both internal and external interested
6) Chef will enjoy his work, has a pleasant personality and is highly social
7) Chef will be required to approach tables & take F&B orders whenever possible or when required
8) Chef will be required to communicate with guests by visiting as many tables as possible to ensure guest satisfaction is obtained
9) Chef/Manager ensures full guest satisfaction is obtained while maintaining guest profile/preference data base.
10) Chef will strive to go above and beyond to fulfill guest expectations in order to have return business
11) Cost control oriented chef to include: menu costing, portion control and to be able to schedule his staff according to business
12) Maintaining strong competitive position in a extremely price sensitive market
13) Be aware of the competition, trends while maintaining a strong competitive positioning
14) He or she does not compromise quality food/service in any way
15) To be able to understand great value for money, average check for each meal period & special events and overall perception experience
16) To be able to and have knowledge in menu composition and change seasonal menus while maximizing profit
17) Conduct all administrative work required, including but not limited to:
• Attendance records.
• Duty Roster.
• Guest index.
• Log book
18) Perform any other related duties and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate is likely to have 5 years of experience in a Italian Chef in a five star Hotel in this role with relevant culinary school/college qualifications. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career internationally. If you’re successful, you’ll be able to take advantage of some great benefits and make the most of our commitment to give you Room to grow. Relocation support may be provided.] Additional living expense support may be provided. If you’re ready to make the move to a great new career opportunity, apply now!
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Join our happy subscribers