FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Technical Officer, Accountability
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: M & E Coordinator
- The main responsibility of the Technical Officer-Accountability is to contribute to management of a centralized Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms (CFM) within FHI 360 Borno office
- The officer oversees that clear and transparent rules for raising and processing complaints are established and that complaints are recorded and addressed by relevant parts of FHI 360 Country Office (CO) within a reasonable timeframe. The Accountability officer will broadly help with ensuring quality in responses through capacity building and support of beneficiaries involved in responding to complaints
- Furthermore, the officer will utilize the information received through the feedback channel to produce periodic reports and analysis that can strengthen programming and increase overall organizational accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement FHI 360 CFM system according to guidelines and SoPs developed
- Manage CFM data and information for all Core Competencies in FHI 360
- Serve as primary contact for all CFM related issues within the office and with CO
- Communicate and disseminate CFM standards and guidelines within FHI 360 and conduct training and capacity building of staff involved including topics of CFM, Accountability to Affected Populations and protection of program participants from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
- Support PSEA investigations with utmost discretion if and as designated by Office of Compliance and Internal Audit (OCIA)
- Design and support dissemination of information related to CFM in beneficiary, host communities, and relevant partners specifically in relation to confidential complaints mechanisms i.e. complaints boxes, complaint help desk log all complaints received through complaint boxes and refer to relevant focal point for processing
- Track feedback and complaints and make sure feedback reaches relevant staff/units
- Assign deadlines for investigation and ensure proper response is generated in reasonable time
- Manage data analysis and information presentation related to CFM
- Produce regular internal (and external) reports on complaint trends, response procedures, and relevant issues
- Support program staff in identifying and addressing all CFM related needs
- Contribute to documentation and sharing of M&E reports that facilitate evidence-based decision-making, internally as well as with partners and donors
- Provide support to M&E teams in reviewing information across projects, to ensure that feedback and complaints are considered in programme management decisions. Involve in the assessment, review and learnings/sharing on the performance of CFM Work closely with thematic sectors, stakeholders and beneficiaries to gather information on CFM program monitoring, progress and quality to support the ongoing CFM activities Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of humanitarian programs in North East Nigeria specifically.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Knowledge and experience in accountability and feedback and complaint mechanism.
- Experience in working through systems of community participation and accountability.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to hold self-accountable for making decisions and managing resources efficiently.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
Other Benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Know The Salaries Structure of FHI 360 via MYSALARYSCALE.COM