Nursing Officer at Anadach Consulting
Posted on: 10 December, 2019
Deadline: 30 December, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Anadach Consulting
Anadach Group Anadach provides a wide range of services to various stakeholders in the health sector including management consulting, Advisory and Capability Enhancement Services, Professional and Executive Resources, Clinical Services Improvement and Data and Information Technology.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the delivery of basic nursing care to patients. She will be responsible for ensuring uniformity in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients, whilst upholding global standards enforced by management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, observations, urinalysis, procedures, treatment and pre-employment screenings.
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing, pap smear collection, urine sample collection, high vaginal swap and suture removal.
- Administer patients’ health checklist(s).
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of patients’ medical history, vital signs conducted procedures.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Engage patients for obtaining data on their circumstances in relation to diets and lifestyle for Doctors’ information.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Assist Doctors’ in suturing procedures and to set up lines for patients under observation.
- Observe admitted patients while ensuring frequent checks of vital signs as required by standard nursing practice and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about topics such as childbirth, disease prevention and sexual health.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Prepare examination rooms and sterilize medical instruments before and after use.
- Deliver patient files to the senior nursing officer, especially for patients to be taken under observation.
- Flexibly work in all units within the department and/or clinic such as screening section, wellness clinic, specialist clinics, travel clinic, general practice, documentation and pharmacy.
- Liaise with the accounts team in order to receive funding for supplies needed.
- Raise requisition for required consumables
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with additional qualification or any other relevant training.
- Minimum of 4 years post NYSC/qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially immunization and family planning.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com indicating their names and position as the subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from Anadach Consulting
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Medical Officer at Anadach Consulting