The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Data Collector Team Lead, NAA
CFCV No.: CFCV2019/139
Locations: Borno and Adamawa
IOM Classification: Hourly Tier Scale
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (Hourly) 03 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Organizational Unit: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
- Under the overall supervision of the DTM Project Officer in Nigeria and under the direct supervision of the Field Operation Assistant, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for collecting data as part of the Displacement Tracking [emergency tracking tool (ETT), mobility tracking (MT), biometric tracking (BR), flow monitoring points (FMP)].
- S/he will work in close collaboration with the teams and partners on the field in the areas (s) s/he has been assigned to. He/she will perform the underlisted functions;
- Plan, coordinate and implement strategies to conduct biometric registration in close collaboration the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) and other relevant partners on the field.
- Provide training support to relevant partners on biometric registration, mobility tracking, emergency tracking tool based on the DTM’ methodology and tools.
- Build the capacity of the IOM staff involved in DTM.
- Monitor and evaluate the day to day biometric registration, ETT and MT and identify areas of improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Support community engagement, mobilization and sensitization lead.
- Compilation of field location weekly and monthly reports.
- Sharing of distribution App reports with partners after support.
- Ensure BR checklist is always updated.
- Incharge of DTM field inventory and fuel.
- Support biometrics logistics.
- Monitor use of vehicle and generator.
- Coordination with the office on staff deployment to the field and pick up.
- Coordinate with relevant partners to secure the registration sites and ensure the safety of the staff.
- Ensure that all biometric equipment and forms are properly stored and arranged.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma / Degree in related field;
- At least one year experience of working in an emergency context in a supervisory capacity with practical knowledge of locations within Borno, Yobe and Adamawa States.
- Basic Microsoft office skills required (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in the field of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Experience in data collection is an advantage.
- Experience in community mobilization is an added advantage
- Good knowledge in English, Hausa, Kanuri and other native languages.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Candidate to indicate preferred state of deployment.
- Only candidates who are successful with the written test will be invited for the oral interview.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Click here for more information (PDF)
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line CFCV2019/139. Borno and Adamawa State Data collector Team Lead NAA.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line.