The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the project funded by UNHCR (Livelihoods Project). The position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Finance Literacy and Access to Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Department: Atiku Center - Program.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Duration: 1 (One) Year
- Provide support to ensure rapid access to finance by beneficiaries.
- Provide technical guidance on access to finance-related issues and work with stakeholders to identify gaps and devise solutions for value chain finance options that are accessible, appropriate and affordable;
- Establish strong relationships and work closely with informal and formal banking institutions to develop financial products and services appropriate to target groups;
- Link business support and similar providers to bank and non-bank financial institutions and ensure that financial literacy trainings contain all aspects of financial management and issues related to accessing and managing credit responsibilities;
- Work with Training and empowerment officers on awareness-raising issues and content related to financial education and access to finance and messaging approaches for illiterate, semi-literate and literate populations;
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the Project Director.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in financial education/literacy and access to credit
- Demonstrated experience in microfinance, access to finance, or banking in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of and experience in financial product development (informal and formal) in cooperation with Savings Groups, microfinance institutions (MFIs), and commercial banks
- Experience with savings groups and in linking them to financial institutions;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Click here for more information
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: email@example.com in a word document or PDF format