The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, Taand Malaria in Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are partnering with Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) to fill the capacity below:
Technical Officer - Core Laboratory/Quality Management
Contract Type: Fixed term
- Provides technical expertise and assistance in implementing high quality laboratory services within the care and treatment project in Nigeria, including laboratory capacity development at project health facility sites.,
- Will equally provide support to selected laboratories in preparation for SLMTA National Audit and WHO AFRO recognition with measurable improvement in Quality Systems management,
- Provides oversight function and technical support on the implementation of HIV Rapid testing quality improvement initiative (HIV RTQII) project in the priority LGAs.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BSc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 3-5 years post national youth service experience in the provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Technical Officer - Core Laboratory/Quality Management - AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume as a single MS Word document with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
The Salaries Structure of