The Global Fund is a 21st-century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion dollars in the fight against AIDS, Taand Malaria in Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are partnering with Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) to fill the capacity below:
Technical Officer - High Tech Laboratory
Contract Type: Fixed term
- Will provide technical officer be involved in the design, planning and implementation of molecular diagnosis including EID, viral load genotypic drug resistance and TB molecular testing technology according to national and international standards coordinate implementation of technical assistance to supported molecular laboratory in performing EID, viral load and TB molecular testing.,
- Provides overall mentoring, monitoring, evaluation and supervision through correspondence, consultations and site visit to supported molecular laboratory.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BSc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 3-5 years post national youth service experience in the provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Technical Officer - High Tech Laboratory - AHNi-LabJobs@ahnigeria.org
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume as a single MS Word document with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the Job Title and Location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered.
- AHNI does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
The Salaries Structure of