Senior Multilateral Coordination Officer, SNSP at African Development Bank - AfDB
Posted on: 12 November, 2019
Deadline: 22 December, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at African Development Bank - AfDB
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Senior Multilateral Coordination Officer, SNSP
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50076484
The Hiring Complex
- The Senior Vice-President is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve it strategic objective, and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results
- The SVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions
- The SVP will lead senior management discussions, decisions-making process and the implementation of key board and management decisions.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Strategy and Operational Policy Department (SNSP) plays a key role in shaping a corporate vision and a strategic perspective for the African Development Bank as well as developing the operational policies aimed at guiding the Bank’s agenda.
- The primary roles of the department are:
- To develop and help maintain (along with other units) corporate strategies and operational policies necessary for the Bank to deliver according to the spirit of its Charter and in line with the Bank’s 2013-2022 Strategy, the High 5 priorities, and other strategies;
- To play a prominent role in keeping the Bank a strategy-focused organization in line with its policies;
- To support the Bank in raising its profile and engaging strategically at international fora, as well as to foster cross-fertilization and greater coordination with other MDBs ; and,
- To lead the Bank in the development of a new culture of innovation and change, including the incubation of new financial/non-financial products and business lines.
- SNSP will be providing analytical guidance and coordination support on the High 5s both internally and externally. SNSP advices the President and Senior Management on strategy and policy issues of the Bank. SNSP assists with the communication of the Strategy to all stakeholders, and monitors and facilitates the implementation of related Presidential decisions.
- Under the general supervision of the Director, the main responsibility of the Senior Multilateral Coordination Officer is to provide strategic advice and support to the Director, with particular emphasis on supporting the Bank's engagement in multilateral affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- Provide support to the Bank’s engagement in multilateral affairs, including the collaboration with the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs);
- Participate as part of the core SNSP team in corporate strategy development and its subsequent monitoring, updating and refinement in line with sustainable lending and resource options.
- Contribute to Bank’s advocacy work and positioning in the global policy dialogue;
- Contribute to formulating Bank’s responses to emerging international issues;
- Support Bank’s participation in high-level international conferences, including MDB meetings and United Nations Summits;
- Act as focal point for the coordination of the MDB Forum on Policy;
- Contribute (in conjunction with the SNSP core team) to the preparation of the Annual Strategy Review, for Senior Management, including preparation of the mid-term review and periodical and special updates and reports. Contribute to the preparation of Board documents on selected process enhancement recommendations.
- As part of the core SNSP team, assist Senior Management to formulate the strategic policy objectives, ensure alignment with the strategic planning orientation and the Bank Strategy 2013-2022.
- As part of the core SNSP team, ensure that all new policy proposals and strategic initiatives are aligned with the Bank’s planning directions and strategy, including the High 5s and the TYS 2013-2022.
- Participate as required in the Bank’s Strategy and policy development work.
- Provide support to the office of the President as required, in particular on recent policy developments, and on the Bank’s response to emerging international issues.
- Prepare as requested planning and strategy documents.
- As part of the SNSP core team, assist Operations Vice-Presidencies, Finance and Corporate Management Vice Presidencies to formulate their work programs driven by the planning and strategy.
- Provide, as requested, up to date research on environment and business trends and keep up to date on new ways of doing strategic planning itself.
- Participate (on behalf of the SNSP Department) in the preparation of selected Bank’s country and regional strategies and mid-term reviews.
- Hold at least a Master's Degree (or its University equivalent) in Economics, Macroeconomics or Development Economics, Finance, Engineering, Strategic Management or related fields and a broad knowledge in development issues.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience; proven combination of hands-on operational experience with solid analytical skills; good understanding of development economics and specificities of Regional Members countries (RMCs);
- Experience working in a multilateral development bank or international organization would be an added advantage;
- Proven experience in donor coordination, partnership building and/or resource mobilization would be an asset;
- Ability to provide advice, assistance, and coaching on strategy and policy related matters.
- Good leadership skills, and lateral thinking; high sense of professionalism. Good command of budgetary and operational management matters.
- Ability to manage multipleand simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines. Capability to work within specified time limits. Capacity to diagnose and resolve multiple, concurrent problems.
- High level skills in communication and negotiation as well as ability to build partnerships with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meetthe needs and long-term interest of clients within and outside the Bank.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French, with a goodworking knowledge of the other language.
- Previous exposure to international, multicultural contexts would be an asset.
- Competence in the use of project and financial management systems (preferably SAP) and standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Development Bank - AfDB career website on www.afdb.org to apply
- Know More About African Development Bank - AfDBSimilar Jobs
- Branch Manager at GTI Microfinance Bank Limited
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC
- Head of Operations at Rigo Microfinance Bank Limited
- Teller at CITIBANK
- Credit Evaluation Manager at Stanbic IBTC
- Business Banker - Enterprise Direct at Stanbic IBTC
- OND Internship Programme 2019 at Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- USSD Banking Manager at United Bank for Africa (UBA)