Devops Specialist at GVA Partners
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: 15 November, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at GVA Partners
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
- An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic and talented devops specialist to join a dynamic team.
- The resource will work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate systems, help automate and streamline operations and processes as well as build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in dev, test and production environments.
What will you be doing?
- You will be building independent web based tools, microservices and solutions
- Utilize various open source technologies to implement integrations requested by customers
- You will be building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash etc; Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- Deploy updates and fixes.
What Do You Need to be Considered for this Role?
- Previous work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Sound understanding of how various systems work and how IT operations are managed
- Bachelor's Degree or MS in Engineering or related field
- 5+years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure
- Hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
- Proven experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo & Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in MS Word not PDF), current and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the "Job title" as subject of the email.
- Recent Jobs from GVA Partners
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Scrum Master at GVA Partners
- Data Scientist at GVA Partners
- Solutions Architect at GVA Partners
- Product Owner at GVA Partners
- Data Architect at GVA Partners
- Software Developer at GVA Partners
- Cloud Systems Administrator at GVA Partners
- Pre-Sales Engineer at GVA Partners
- Cloud Sales Specialist at GVA Partners
- Know More About GVA PartnersSimilar Jobs
- Database & Company Profiling Officer at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer at Fundall
- IT Collaboration Support at Telnet
- IT Asset Lifecycle Management at Telnet
- IT Data Engineer at Telnet
- IT Business Warehouse Support Consultant at Telnet
- IT EMC Support Consultant at Telnet
- IT SharePoint Support Consultant at Telnet