Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Health Deputy Program Manager
Location: Monguno, Borno
Starting Date: Beginning of November, 2019
Ending Date: July 31st, 2020
- Under the supervision of the Health Project manager (PM), the Health Deputy Project Manager (DPM) shall ensure the overall support and direct supervision of the teams working in PUI facilities and enrolled in PUI health project in Monguno LGA.
- S/he should assist the health PM in planning, organizing, implementing and monitoring of agreed health activities and planned capacity building.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Support in the good implementation and monitoring of the health projects in collaboration with the Health Project Manager
- Ensure that agreed activities and procedures are regularly and timely performed by Health teams
- Participate actively in the supervision of health activities through checklists, observations, and reports to the Health Program Manager
- Supervise monthly planning and action plan within the Health facilities
- Ensure that the team is following up proper medical protocols, and applying them according to international and national recommendations and guidelines
- Ensure the rational use of medicines and the proper administration of treatments in step with national international protocols.
- Collaborate with other departments (MHPSS, Nutrition, Protection, and Food Security) as needed to ensure smooth implementation and integration of services
- Ensure that members of the teams and daily paid workers as the case may be, are provided with safety gear adapted to their activities (for example PEP kits [post-exposure treatment kits], gloves…)
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project objectives and participate actively in their implementation.
- Assist the Health Project Manager in the development of new interventions and/or adjustment of current interventions.
- Manage the supervisors/team leader with effective guidance and adequate support
- Ensure the implementation of good team management practices with supervisors/team leader
- Follow up on staff schedules, annual leave and attendance sheets in accordance with HR procedures
- Manage the recruitment of new staff in collaboration with supervisors and Health Program Manager
- Draw up Job descriptions as needed, in collaboration with the Health Program Manager
- Participate in the regular evaluation of team medical and non-medical staff in collaboration with HPM Assess training needs, develop training plans, facilitate and perform training for medical and nonmedical staff, and follow up the impact after training
- Ensure that the Health team is respecting PUI rules and inform the Health Project Manager of any disrespect of the rules
- Ensure the security rules in the field are respected, the safety of the field officers is guaranteed and the regular communication with the security focal person is maintained.
Monitoring, Follow-Up & Reporting:
- Supervise data collection on all medical and non-medical activities
- Analyse epidemiological indicators and ensure that they are followed properly
- Participate in the budget follow-up with the Health Project Manager and make sure budget lines are spent properly
- Draft the internal and external reports to Health PM or/and the Medical Coordinator or other PMs
- Report to the Health Project Manager any problem in the projects, especially any gap/loss/robbery/damage of medical equipment or drugs or any patient and organizational issue
- Provide essential preventative assistance services and follow up on identified beneficiaries with NCDs and other diseases/morbidities of Public Health relevance.
Logistics & Administrative Support:
- Ensure proper needs analysis from the projects, addressing both medical (pharmaceuticals, consumables, and equipment) and non-medical requirements
- Support logistics and pharmacy department by analysing supplier bids with highly technical specifications
- Communicate to logistics for fleet needs, logistical components of the projects (delivery, distribution, onsite storage)
- Ensure appropriate supply plan, with central pharmacy, on weekly/monthly base principle for the facility
- Ensure, in coordination with the logistics and pharmacy department, appropriate storage of medications, medical consumables, equipment, and medical waste.
- Ensure that HR documents (attendance sheet, leave request, etc) are communicated to the HR Manager on time, with validation of Health Project Manager
- Ensure the archiving the documents, tools and training materials in the context of project/s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals.
Internal and External Representation:
- Participate in meetings, strategy workshops, training and other, as required.
- Participate in any other activities such as surveys, assessments, among others.
- In coordination with the Health Project Manager, conduct health assessments related to other sectors (psychological support, prevalence of water-borne diseases, sexual and reproductive health, etc.).
- Participate actively in the preparation and the smooth organization of the visit from Donors
- Represent the organization before local actors involved in the implementation of the medical program, and contribute to good relations within project partners (consistent with the principles of neutrality and independence of PUI).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Education Degree: Preferably MD Graduate or related Medical Degree, Nursing Degree and Public Health Degree
- Work Experience: At least 3 years of experience in Clinical Management, staff supervision and experience with NGO’s
- Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good knowledge of Medical ethics
- Good reporting skills
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including word, excel and outlook
- Interests: Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Transversals skills
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise authority when required
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
- Team Management
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.