Soil Specialist at BUA Cement
Posted on: 9 October, 2019
Deadline: 15 October, 2019
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at BUA Cement
BUA Group started business in 1988 as a Private Limited Liability Company specializing in the importation and marketing of iron & steel, agricultural and industrial chemicals. Since then it has rapidly developed into a fully-fledged, diversified business with a stake in a wide range of business sectors.
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara
- Responsible for gathering, interpreting and evaluating information about the chemistry, biology and physics of soil; and use the information to make recommendations for soil management methods to improve productivity.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- Apply knowledge of soil science including biological, chemical and physical properties of soils, and their spatial and temporal variability across the project area.
- Carry out field work, including the collection of soil samples and conduct laboratory analysis of soil samples, and research experiments for the project.
- Review and produce maps of soil types and their distribution across the project area and recommend application of soil nutrients to improve soil conditions.
- Monitor and supervise laboratory research.
- Write research reports and make presentations on findings, including scientific research papers in relation to the project soil reports and integrate soil science knowledge into aspects of land management and ecosystems.
- Keep up to date with developments in the soil science and related areas, as well as environmental issues and legislation changes that may affect the project.
- Attend conferences to keep abreast of the latest developments and to network with people in the profession and related industries.
- Agriculture Science, Crop or Soil Science or equivalent.
- 15 years experience in soil scientific work with a minimum of 10 years in sugarcane industry.
- Ability to plan and conduct research, carry out practical experimental work.
- Strong Knowledge of soil analysis, equipment and laboratory procedures.
- Strong attention to details.
- Strong critical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Evidence of prior involvement/engagement in researches related to sugarcane production.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com Please indicate the position in the subject of your application.
- Qualified candidates that meet the specified criteria for each role are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from BUA Cement
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Geotechnical Engineer at BUA Cement
- Urban Planner at BUA Cement
- GIS Surveyor at BUA Cement
- Irrigation Design Engineer at BUA Cement
- Senior Surveyor at BUA Cement
- Plant Breeder at BUA Cement
- Tractor Operator at BUA Cement
- Know More About BUA CementSimilar Jobs
- Agriculture Specialist - National Consultancy Assignment to Support for Formulation of Borno State Development Plan at UNDP
- Intern/Corp Member at FarmAgric
- General Manager (Government Relations and Liaison) at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Country Manager (Agri-business) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- General Manager, Agriculture at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Agricultural Operations Manager at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Zoologist at Lorache Consulting Limited