IT Project Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Posted on: 8 October, 2019
Deadline: 21 October, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
IT Project Manager
Reference ID: 120839BR
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- If you’re a driven IT professional who has gained valuable experience in role above, this is the chance to propel and develop your career.
Where you fit in
- Information technology is critical to Shell’s businesses in Nigeria continuing to help meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
- The IT function provides capabilities that continually improve the way our business is run and is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value.
- You’re going to be joining a team of talented IT and Digital professionals, who relish taking initiative, think innovatively, and ready to develop new skills to be successful in a dynamic multinational environment.
What are the role?
- We are looking for high-potential IT Project Managers who will create huge impact to the growth of our business in Nigeria.
- On a day-to-day basis, the IT Project Manager’s role is to plan, control, and execute a project or set of related projects to meet identified business needs and deliver business value, through acquiring and utilizing the necessary resources and skills within the agreed parameters of cost, time, and quality.
- You will be handling small-to-medium projects with varied complexity and risks using agile principles, which will stretch your project management skills.
What we need from you
- We’re keen to hear from passionate professionals who have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively translate business insights to our stakeholders.
- You’re someone who is innovative and thinks out-of-the-box to be able to quickly link technical solutions with business strategy.
Ideally, you should have as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, minimum 2nd class lower
- 3-7 years of corporate IT experience
- Agile project delivery experience
- Professional certifications related to business analysis, project or programme management, systems and software engineering
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience in development platforms such as HTML5 - Microsoft .Net, Microsoft .Net (Services and Windows), Linux, Java, Mobile Development (IOS), Mobile Development (Android), HTML5 - SAP Application Development, Service - SAP Application Development, COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf Software)
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ , Python or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g/12c or the latest version, Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016 or the latest version, and awareness of HANA Database, Sybase database, SAP Solution Manager, Linux/Windows/Scripting, and ITIL.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Please do not apply more than once for any or all of the jobs advertised. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Recent Jobs from Shell Petroleum Development Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- IT Business Analyst at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Software Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Systems Engineer at Shell Petroleum Development Company
- Know More About Shell Petroleum Development CompanySimilar Jobs
- Project Officer at Search For Common Ground’s International
- ICLA Officer - (Data Analyst) at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Digital Marketer at eHealth4everyone
- Python Web Developer at eHealth4everyone
- Head, System Operator and Designer at Anthony Ayoade Associates
- Project Coordinator - IHA at Plan International
- IOS Developer at Urban Hive
- Programme Manager at Plan International