Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Finance Manager will assist the Director Finance in developing and managing the project’s financial systems. He will work under the supervision of the Director Finance and will support her in all matters related to financial management, financial reporting, subcontracting. He will also assist Director Finance in ensuring sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to headquarters and cash flow management.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and ensure day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in compliance with internal and client’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure funds’ availability and verify that all procurement and Grants-Under-Contract actions are compliant with internal and client’s financial management guidelines.
- Ensure that all accounting data is updated, reconciled and fully supported with backup docs.
· Ensure timely processing of staff payroll, allowances and other reimbursements.
- Oversee financial and administrative functions of the execution of grants to all local IPs.
- Monitor program and operational forecasting, establish and maintain cash controls to ensure supply of adequate funds.
- Lead a team of finance professionals responsible for accounting and financial management.
- Develop staff by encouraging individuals to be self-motivated and take responsibility for their contributions to the finance team.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training to the staff.
- Manages the finance department to meet the financial reporting requirements, ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines.
- Produce segregated finance records at the request of Director Finance such as expenses for specific locations or grants.
- Ensure accurate and smooth month & year-end closing and reporting within agreed schedules.
- Provide financial status of project expenses and budget information, as and when required by Director Finance.
- Assist in preparation of budgets, monitor, review and revise as required in consultation with the Director Finance.
- Prepare Budget vs. Actual analysis and report the variances to Director Finance.
internal Controls and Compliance
- Ensure proper controls are maintained within Finance department, supervise finance staff; segregate their duties to ensure proper internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with the Country local laws, particularly on withholding taxes.
- Ensure timely deposit of withholding taxes and reporting to Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS).
- Alert potential non-compliance financial issues to the attention of Director Finance.
- Coordinate with Program & Grant Teams to establish proper controls for grants management.
- Establish procedures and forms for requesting and issuance of advances for program needs.
- Ensure and routinely test for maintenance of audit-ready documentation.
Education and Experiences:
Having at least Master’s or its equivalent degree with 5 years working experience or having Bachelor’s degree with 7 years’ relevant experience
- Experience with computerized accounting essential.
- Familiar with all MS Office applications.
English in reading, writing and speaking
Skills/Knowledge Required: Preferred experience would include:
- U. S government (USAID preferred) administrative compliance experience
- Exposure working with international operations
- Ability to work with and achieve results with a diverse group of personnel located in many countries
- Strong organizational and managerial skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: email@example.com using "the job title" as the subject of the mail.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Candidates must be authorized to work full time in Nigeria