Driver at SOS Children Villages
Posted on: 20 September, 2019
Deadline: 4 October, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at SOS Children Villages
SOS Children's Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
- The role of the Driver is to ensure provision of reliable and secure driving services for the transport of authorized personnel, delivery and collection of mail, documents and other related goods and supplies in/out of the Project location under the authorization of the supervisor.
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle, accurate maintenance of vehicle logs, provision of inputs for preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, tire checks, brake checks,car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents and emergencies.
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail to various destinations within the city.
- Minimum of Secondary School Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Certificate in Mechanics is an added advantage
- 5 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of local languages of the area is desirable.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from SOS Children Villages
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Livelihood Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Project Accountant at SOS Children Villages
- Youth Development Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Policy & Advocacy Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at SOS Children Villages
- Project Manager at SOS Children Villages
- Know More About SOS Children VillagesSimilar Jobs
- Spy Police Driver at Agiville Industries Limited
- Executive Driver at Agiville Industries Limited
- Experienced Driver at Workforce Management Centre
- Truck Driver at Dangote
- Personal Driver at Ascentech Services Limited
- Executive Driver at Technology Distributions Limited (TD)
- Experienced Driver at First Choice Leasing Limited
- Company Driver at Willers Solutions