Owens and Xley is a business consulting and advisory company. We offer strategic services in the areas of business advisory, business development and planning to small businesses that would otherwise not have access to the technical competencies available to bigger companies.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs, and the initial capital challenges faced by small a business, which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that the small business owners still have access to the technical skill but at a fraction of the cost. We aim to help entrepreneurs and small business owners get better business results with less cost.
Our client, a leading party supplies company, well known for their quality and affordable party gift and decoration items, is looking to recruit a Stock Keeper. He/She would be responsible for maintaining the accuracy of inventory and items in the warehouse.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities for the role
- Maintain records of stock in the warehouse and the retail store
- Stocks received items in the warehouse in assigned locations while adjusting locations as needed
- Assigns tags, SKUs, etc to items in the warehouse
- Conducts daily stock count
- Make required products available to the retail store
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks when needed
- Keeps warehouse neat, orderly, and organized
- Report issues with irregularities to the Inventory Supervisor
- Ensures FIFO policy is adhered to
- Informs inventor supervisor of products that need to be replenished
- Prepare weekly inventory reports
- Keeps records of new product inquiries for future curation or purchases
- Any other duties as assigned
- Educational Qualification
- Minimum of HND in a related role
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the retail industry a plus
- Compulsory skills required (E.g. must be proficient in Excel)
- Proven integrity
- Familiarity with inventory management principles
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good initiative, time and stress management skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Keen eye for detail
- Any other special requirements (E.g. must reside in Lekki)
- Preferably lives within the Lekki axis.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of their application.