Grants Assistant at Creative Associates International
Posted on: 16 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Ref Id: GRANT01729
- The Grants Assistant will support the Grant Officer’s and Lead Grants Manager with the oversight of all grants activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Grants Assistant will report to the Lead Grants Manager.
- Assist in reviewing sub-grantees’ liquidation and financial reports and provide summaries to the project’s Grants Manager on a monthly basis;
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the project’s Grants Manual;
- Assist in monitoring grantees to ensure compliance with USAID regulations, Grants Manual and the content of sub-agreement;
- Responsible for maintaining grant files and ensuring they stay up-to-date;
- Support project audits, grantor’s audit, or monitoring visits.
- Responsible for entering and maintaining Creative’s online System for the Management of Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART) for sub-grantees;
- Provide mentoring support to strengthen and improve sub-grantees’ management capacity for improved performance; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma is required, Bachelor's Degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is preferred;
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and two (2) years of general experience;
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to analyse data and suggest areas of improvement;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred; and
- Must be legally authorized to work in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Local Nationals Strongly Preferred
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Recent Jobs from Creative Associates International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Grants Manager at Creative Associates International
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist at Creative Associates International
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at Creative Associates International
- Know More About Creative Associates InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Financial Planning & Analysis Manager at Machineyard
- Financial Analyst at Machineyard
- Finance and Admin Officer at Farm360
- Account Officer at Amazuma Services Limited
- Stock Broker at Westfield Consulting
- Business Controller at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Business Lead, Leasing at FundQuest Financial Services Limited
- Reconciliation Junior Officer at Transsnet Financial