Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Requisition Number: MONIT01722
Reporting & Supervision: The MEL Specialist will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director
- The MEL Specialist is responsible for developing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems, including data quality assurance procedures, and compiling, processing and analyzing activity performance data.
- The MEL Specialist will be responsible for ensuring regular and consistent documentation and that reporting deliverables are met in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Participate in the development of Annual Work Plan(s) and prepare and update the MEL Plan in alignment with project’s expected deliverables and results;
- Maintain an up-to-date catalog of all project MEL tools and forms in electronic and hard copy data files;
- Assist in the collection, storage, and analysis of accurate, high quality, and reliable data and GIS information, in particular ensure performance indicators and output, outcome, and impact data are prepared and collected properly in targeted geographic and thematic areas;
- Identify in-country MEL training and STTA needs and ensure that these needs are met and provide training on MEL activities as needed;
- Ensure that partners submit reports within the agreed time schedule;
- Conduct project site visits to collect quantitative and qualitative data; including site visits for secondary verification of data results;
- Conduct periodic research and/or case studies to measure impact of activities;
- Advocate and promote scale-up of best practices and cost-effective programmatic measures with both staff and stakeholders;
- Supports the project’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach to monitoring and evaluation; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in International Development, Monitoring and Evaluation or a related field is highly preferred. High school diploma required;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in MEL and four (4) years of general work experience;
- Demonstrated experience in MEL report writing.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English; and
- Must be legally authorized to work in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Local Nationals Strongly Preferred
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.