YOA Insurance Brokers Limited is a Nigerian registered insurance broker, which commenced operations in 2002 with branch offices in Abuja and Port Harcourt. YOA handles all classes of Insurance. They are committed to the highest levels of service, professionalism and integrity. Their objective is to ensure that the needs of our clients are continually satisfied and met through the provision of the following services:
From inception, they have been focused on meeting the insurance needs of the Nigerian oil and Gas Industry. More recently, they have taken up the challenge of increasing the penetration of insurance in Nigeria through the introduction of new distribution channels for personal lines of insurance.
As a company, their vision is to be a driver of innovation in the provision of insurance and risk management services; we would solve problems, open doors of opportunity and deliver the latest insightful solutions. Our clients will be confident that they are dealing with a dynamic partner that is committed to advancing performance and changing the face of the industry.
Presently, YOA has 67 staff consisting of 14 teams, which all possess their own operating manuals to guide their activities.
Business Head of Strategy
As the Divisional Head, your core responsibility is to develop organisational and sales strategy and lead business teams in actualising client retention and customer acquisition targets.
- Responsible for the development and execution of business development and marketing strategy for the Company
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas.
- Take ownership of the management of the sales and marketing functions of the business.
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business acquisition plans and the penetration of new markets
- Oversee all new business origination and acquisition activities for the Company
- Responsible for developing and supporting the achievement of set fiscal targets
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments
- Develops and maintains marketing budget.
- Mentor and support team leads and branch heads in building and growing their acquisition of business
- Develop and maintain good relationships with various influencers and decision-makers needed to acquire business
- Supervise and guide team leads in presenting the annual budget for their respective teams
- Any other duty assigned by the Managing Director
- University degree/HND required. Concentration in Insurance and Risk Management, Service Orientation, Business, or Communications is an added advantage.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, or Finance related discipline is an added advantage
- Professional membership of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) or Chartered Insurance Institute of London (CIL)
- Core Experience working in Strategy design and implementation positions
- At least 7 years in a management role in comparable industries in capacities such a Relationship Management, Business Development, Strategy Development, Strategy Management
- Experience working in a Financial Consulting capacity
- Demonstrative use of data for forecasting, sales strategy, and implementation, an advantage if you are able to manipulate data to forecast business trends
- Proven track record in the people management of large teams at branch or regional level with the ability to lead and drive change management initiatives.
- Experience liaising with C-Level Executives, Decision Makers, and key stakeholders both internal and external.
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to Ubong.firstname.lastname@example.org