StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Our client offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge. They are looking to hire an experienced School Nurse to oversee the general health assessment of students. The ideal candidate, who is uniquely qualified in preventive health, health assessment, and referral procedures must be one who's also passionate and has a genuine love for children. APPLICANTS MUST BE BASED IN ABUJA
- Oversee health management and assessment of students
- Lead in the development of policies, programs, and procedures for the provision of school health services
- Employ primary prevention by providing health education that promotes physical and mental health and informs healthcare decisions, prevents disease, and enhances school performance
- Coordinate school and community health activities and serve as a liaison person between the home, school, and hospitals
- Delegate healthcare tasks to unlicensed assistive personnel in order to support the health and safety needs of students
- Administer first aid nursing
- Manage minor accidents and illnesses before transiting students/patients to the appropriate hospital(s)
- Maintains evaluates and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate the individual needs of students
- Provide tertiary prevention by addressing diagnosed health conditions and concerns
- Ensure students are up-to-date with vaccinations and immunizations
- Give health talks to all stakeholders addressing such issues as healthy lifestyles, risk‐reducing behaviours, developmental needs, activities of daily living, and preventive self‐care, whilst using teaching methods that are appropriate to the student’s developmental level and learning needs
- Develop procedures and provide for crises intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances
- Help students and staff adjust student programs when necessary to accommodate the health needs of students
- Provides health information to assist students and families in making health-related decisions
Education and experience:
- B. Sc or it's equivalent in Nursing, Nursing Science, Pediatric Health
- Registered Nurse (RN) certification is ideal
- At least three (3) years of work experience
- Relevant work experience within a school environment will also be an advantage
Attractive and negotiable
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- School Nurse - email@example.com
Interested qualified candidates should email CVs to
Scale Lead (NGO/Enterprise Support Organization): firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘LSU-WB‘ as the subject of the application
School Nurse: email@example.com using ‘HC-RN-ABJ’ as the subject of mails before 20th September 2019.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.