Zuriel Consulting is an emerging consulting and professional services company located in Lagos Nigeria. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible Legal Services, Book Keeping and Accounting Services including Auditing, consultancy services, and business support.
We are looking a suitably competent, dedicated, intelligent, versatile, detail-oriented and resourceful Managing Associate to join our Corporate Commercial Practice in our office in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.
A qualified candidate for this position will have a solid grounding in litigation, arbitration, and corporate-commercial transactions.
The successful candidate will exhibit a high level of professionalism and a business style that is entrepreneurial, team-oriented, hands-on, and collaborative.
He/she should also be able to evaluate and balance the needs and priorities of the business when making strategic decisions.
- Strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current business strategy.
- Proven leadership abilities with a track record of effectively delegating work to other team members and supervising the work effectively.
- Successfully managed a project that involves other people in the firm.
- Technically sound across a sufficiently wide area to work without significant supervision.
- Develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- Provide high-quality legal service to all clients.
- Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests
- Offer advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Attend and represent the firm at client meetings.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents.
- Research documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Represent clients in Courts where required.
- Work and behave in a professional manner and to the highest standards of the profession.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating adequate practice income, ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
- Carry out duties given by the Managing partner faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Participate in the growth and development of the firm.
- Treat all information about the firm and its client and their business as wholly confidential keep up to date with changes in the law.
- Attract additional business from new and existing clients
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in Law; BL, LLM will be an added advantage
- 7 - 10 years' post-NYSC generalist experience at least 5 of which must have been at Associate level gained at a reputable and structured law firm.
- Relevant experience within a professional services firm.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal – the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level.
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and displaying trust and loyalty.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
- Able to deal understandingly and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and keep calm under pressure.
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to implement legal strategies in a commercial context.
- Sound judgment with an ability to balance legal risk and business impact.
- A willingness to be adaptive to the businesses’ changing needs.
- A strong work ethic that reflects a collaborative, adaptable and results-oriented approach.
- Experience in using Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.