Tendering Manager at Subsea 7
Posted on: 4 September, 2019
Deadline: 30 September, 2019
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Contract and Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Functional unit: NigerStar 7, Lagos - Nigeria
Description of Function
- Applications are sought for a position of Tendering Manager to be based at Nigerstar7’s office in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The position involves the management of Nigerstar 7 tendering department and effective administration, preparation and coordination of tenders in Lagos and through the coordination of the multi-disciplinary effort required to establish Nigerstar7’s techno-economic proposals.
- This role also involve effective communication and coordination with Subsea 7’s AFRICA and Global Project Centres (GPC), and its partners (Jagal, Global Oceon and Nigerdock) for the preparation of the AFRICA and GPC tenders.
- The position reports to the Sales and Marketing Director, NigerStar7 in Lagos.
- Sales & Marketing Director (Direct report)
- Africa Tender Manager (Functional report)
- Manage Lagos tendering department including personnel and budget.
- Coordination with Subsea 7 pursuit and BD managers internally and externally with and partners tendering teams on the local strategy to perform and win tenders.
- Coordination with Subsea7’s tendering teams and Nigerdock tendering teams for the preparation of the tenders.
- Be the focal point of contact of Nigerdock for all tenders and ensure effective communication between the teams, repartition of the tender work and split of the scope of work of the project.
- Be the original Client interface and ensure that such interface works when tenders are handled from Suresnes or Sutton or other remote locations as may be required (correspondence, clarification and negotiation meetings).
- Ensure adherence to NigerStar7’s tendering procedures on tenders
- Maintain thorough records throughout the bidding process to ensure traceability and ultimately efficient handover to project teams after a Win.
- Prepare internal documents for the endorsement of submissions by Senior Management in particular NigerStar 7’s PSB , DTT, ATT, ATC
- Ensure Company statutory licenses and documentations required in the qualification for Tenders (e.g. DPR, NJQS, NipeX etc.) are tracked, valid/up to date
- Provide reporting and feedback to Sales & Marketing Management.
- Tender Project Manager,
- All departments involved in the tender process (Marine assets, Chartering, Operation, engineering, finance, Legal, Project services, etc.…)
- Pursuit and Business Development Leads/Managers,
- Partners and clients
Profile - Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- We are looking for personnel with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the offshore oil and gas industry. An individual willing to discover the business vision and able to multitask to cover the multi-pronged dimension (technology, execution, legal & contract, finance, commercial) of projects.
The successful candidates shall have/be:
- Able to work under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines;
- Rigorous and thorough, to ensure adherence to the tendering procedures;
- Organizational skills with ability to coordinate team work;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Committed to the highest levels of confidentiality and dedication;
- Experience in subsea construction (shallow and deep)
- Experience in projects, in particular Logistic Supports, Mobilizations, Field Engineering, fabrication and offshore operations.
- Available for expatriate assignment in Lagos -Nigeria;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Subsea 7 career website on careers.subsea7.com to apply
- Know More About Subsea 7Similar Jobs
- Finance & Administration Manager - Ikorodu Business Unit at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
- Admin Coordinator at Bedmate Furniture
- Operations Officer at Palladium Group
- College Registrar at Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu
- HR & Admin Officer at Zanibal Solutions Nigeria Ltd
- Office Administrator at Vesta Healthcare Partners
- General Manager (Transport and Oil & Gas) at Amazuma Services Limited
- Business Development Manager at Proten