Procurement Operations Manager at Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 4 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria
LafargeHolcim operates four business segments: Cement, Aggregates and Ready-Mix Concrete Solutions & Products which includes precast concrete, asphalt, mortar and building solutions. LafargeHolcim's broad portfolio is focused on solving the toughest challenges that masons, builders, architects and engineers face, from urbanization to population growth and the demand for affordable housing. Headquartered in Switzerland, LafargeHolcim holds leading positions in all regions across the globe. It employs approximately 80,000 employees in around 80 countries and has a portfolio that is equally balanced between developing and mature markets.
Procurement Operations Manager
- Implement Procurement strategies in close cooperation with Category Managers on a local level. Manage the operational and tactical procurement of local goods and services.
- Manage full local operational purchasing for those needs which are not covered by Group.
- Coordinate the implementation of contractor safety management in office premises.
- Coordinate the activities of operational buyer in an ethical manner.
- Set up agreed SLA with internal customers on order processing time and ensure compliance
- Manage relationship with all stakeholders working strongly and closely with service/goods requesters.
- Generate weekly reports as agreed and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Responsible as the custodian for procurement dashboard.
- Responsible for coordination of daily and weekly purchasing operational review meeting in conjunction with planning team and carry out necessary actions as agreed escalating to HOP where necessary.
- Monitor and report Suppliers Service Level Performance to Procurement department.
- Ensure that all Internal Control Standards are implemented and the related procedures are effectively respected through-out the purchasing activities
- Propose supply agreement and blanket orders to the business wherever the opportunity arises or based on frequency of purchases.
- Anticipate and provide timely responses to works requirement
- Proactively manage orders of goods and services to support reliability and achieving target.
- Champion procurement process improvement initiatives and projects within the HQ.
- Provide first level supports to the HQ.
- Monitor and propose to central buying ,strategic and fast moving commodities to enhance setting of contractual agreement
- Ensure working capital optimisation.
- Manage all local purchases/ contract within agreed threshold in line with objective.
- Review requisition generation with a view to control cost in ordering of materials and services.
- Provide monthly saving on all order generated.
- Monitoring of contractor’s efficiency(No of order received versus executed)
- Ensure 100% compliance to POs generation to avert repetitive job.
- Weekly report of outstanding PR TO POs
- Monthly report of all PRs raised and POs generation.
- Ensure communication of environmental policy to vendors/Contractors.
- First level university Degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree
- Typically 5-7 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function
Knowledge & Skills
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Procurement best practices
- Mastery of business process skill
- Project management and follow up skill
- Pro-activeness and transparency
- Negotiation skill.
- Human and business administration skill
Behavioral competence/ Leadership and managerial abilities:
- Good written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively/convincingly at all levels (including technical and operational) and with all functions at least in English and local language
- Effective time management, planning and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and drive tasks to completion in a fixed time-frame and in a pressured environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and build relationships across multiple functions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguities, conflicts and adversarial relationships
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven ability in analysis and interpretation of data
- Proven ability to identify problems quickly, make sound judgments, establish and implement solutions
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Lafarge Cement WAPCO Nigeria Plc career website on careers-lafargeholcim.icims.com to apply