Kogi State University, Anyigba, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the Information Technology and Resource Centre (ITRC):
Director of Information and Communication Technology
Location: Anyigba, Kogi
- To lead and direct the provision and delivery of ICT services throughout the University.
- Lead a team of IT and communications professionals and provide strategic directions, develop and implement the ICT strategy and other policy documents, oversee support systems to a range of users across the University on 24 hours, 365 days a year, and supervise the CT business ventures.
- Oversee the development and delivery of CT products and services, in accordance with agreed service and performance standards, industry best practice and in alignment with the University objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Drive the ICT collaborative agenda on behalf ofthe University, in conjunction with other local and foreign partners
- Performance such other CT related duties as may be directed by the Vice Chancellor
Educational/Professional Qualification/Work Experience
- Candidates should possess a degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, with 10 years experience, five (5) of which should be in a tertiary or related institution, and be registered with the relevant professional bodies. Possession of professional globally acceptable certifications, will be an advantage.
In addition, the candidate should possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Implementing executive policies and ensuring strategic capacity planning
- Financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and justifying expenditures.
- Analytical mindset to develop and utilize reliable metrics and overseeing
- SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) metrics for hardware, software, and storage
- Advanced literacy skills e.g. composition and presentation of reports, policies, strategy papers
- Directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Age: Applicants must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age at the time of appointment
- Health: Applicant must enjoy good heath to be able to endure the ngours of the duties of the position.
Duration of Appointment
The appointment shall be for a single term of Five (5) years.
Conditions of Service
These are as approved by the Governing Council of the University and as may be modified from time to time.
Method of Application
Candidates should forward their Applications in 6 (six) copies with photocopies of their Credentials and detailed CV indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended/Qualifications obtained with dates, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies
- Work Experience and positions held with dates
- Present employer, Post and Salary
- List of publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions including awards received, if any
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees - One of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should be requested to forward their references directed to the "Registrar" via the address below.
All Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Kogi State University,
P.M.B. 2373, Anyigba,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.