GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more.
Senior Product Designer, Manage
- This Senior Product Designer position for our Manage stage group is 100% remote.
- As a Senior Product Designer at GitLab, you will be embedded in our Manage stage, within our access group.
- You’ll be enabling users to oversee administrative tasks for their GitLab instance, you’ll design authorization and authentication flows so that power users can configure permissions and access for their GitLab environment, and build out traceability features so our users can ensure they’re compliant within the industry they’re in.
What you can expect in a Senior Product Designer, Manage role at GitLab:
- You'll help improve sign-on, compliance, authentication, authorization, and administration features and user experience through research and design.
- You'll work alongside Product Managers to define and shape the product goals, roadmap, priorities, and strategy for our Manage stage group.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, other Product Designers, and Engineers to iterate on new features and user journeys within the GitLab product.
- You’ll utilize wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, hi-fidelity visual designs, or any other artifacts you believe are necessary to convey your design thinking and ideas
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking, collaborate with our UX Researchers on generative research, and you’ll share findings with the wider team in our research repo, ensuring recommendations are communicated effectively across our organization.
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team, and the GitLab community as a whole.
Projects you might work on in our Manage stage group:
- You’ll spend your time collaborating with a cross-functional team, helping build out admin tools, onboarding journeys, and compliance features so that administrators and power users can manage their GitLab instance.
- A breakdown of the different categories of product you may be working on in the Manage, Access stage can be found on our product vision page.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tooling, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You’ve got some experience designing for the authorization or authentication of users at sign-on, or knowledge of the IDaaS space through past experiences, passions or previous job roles.
- You’ve got experience shaping product strategy and product design for a complex application or SaaS tool.
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design, within a complex domain.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- You understand frontend code or the limitations of frontend technology. You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding skills with HTML/CSS/JS, or by showing us you have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
- The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
- Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually.
- You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, pay for your membership to a co-working space and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
- Our hiring process for this Senior Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process and the compensation for this role can be found at the bottom of our job family page.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GitLab Inc. career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply