Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management at KPMG
Posted on: 28 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at KPMG
KPMG is a global network of independent professional services firm with deep expertise in the provision of audit, tax and advisory services to clients in various industries and sectors of the economy. The Firm is well represented in Nigeria and across the African continent, with the objective of providing exceptional and quality services to multinational, regional and local clients and to enhance the product offerings in certain previously under-serviced markets.
Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management
Ref No: 146774BR
Service Line: Legal Council
Contract Type: Permanent
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
- Provides adequate support to the Risk Management Unit in ensuring the firm’s risks are appropriately identified, monitored, mitigated, and where necessary, eliminated through the design and/or implementation of statutory compliance, control frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling of legal matters relating to the firm, including monitoring of the firm’s court cases, handling correspondence with external legal counsel and managing of the firm’s legal affairs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance with the establishment of effective and efficient compliance framework, policies and procedures.
- Assistance with the review of contracts / agreements / documents to ensure that the firm is properly protected and ensure compliance with the Firm’s standard business terms and conditions.
- Attendance at legal proceedings and providing regular court update on status of outstanding court matters.
- Representing the firm at meetings, taking minutes and proffering legal opinions.
- Assistance with the review the Firm’s prohibited investments list and monitor compliance in line with the Risk Management policy.
- Assist in conducting Risk Management and Independence Compliance reviews.
- Manage and administer the Risk Management databases and microweb.
- Deploy and monitor web-based training programmes for the Firm.
- Conduct research from appropriate sources/references in resolving risk management related queries.
- Attend to queries from engagement teams on Q&RM issues.
- Manage the various Q&RM functional email boxes.
- Any other Quality & Risk Management functions as may be assigned.
Competency and Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of local and global Auditor’s Independence Rules such as SEC, IFAC Code of Ethics for Accountants and ICAN Regulations, will be an added advantage.
- Ability to think strategically and appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and people management skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good appreciation and working knowledge of office Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good professional appearance and attitude.
- Bachelors of Law degree from a reputable university with a minimum of second class upper (2:1).
- Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar with a minimum of second class upper (2:1)
- Qualified lawyer with minimum of two years Post-NYSC working experience
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from KPMG
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Manager, Accounting Advisory Services at KPMG
- Know More About KPMGSimilar Jobs
- Legal Associate at Jade & Stone Solicitors
- Real Estate Lawyer at Allied Computers Limited
- Lawyer at FEZ Consultants
- Associate at Oyewole & Adesina
- Legal Officer at Tenece Professional Services Limited
- Compliance Attorney at Transsnet Financial
- Graduate Internship Programme at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Female Personal Assistant at Willers Solutions