Manager, Data Science at Nielsen Company
Posted on: 26 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Advertising / Branding / PR
View All Jobs at Nielsen Company
Nielsen is the world’s leading marketing and media Information Company. We’re passionate about measuring and analyzing how people interact with digital and traditional media and in-store environments-locally and globally. Businesses worldwide use our services to better manage their brands, launch and grow product portfolios and optimize their media mix.
Manager, Data Science
About this Job
- Do you know what consumers buy? What do consumers watch? Nielsen Knows! The primary role of a Data Scientist is to help in maintaining the highest level of data quality through investigation and resolution of specific client concerns.
- Data Scientists are also required to routinely extract and analyze data thoroughly and efficiently to identify breakdowns in data quality.
- They must also be able to clearly communicate these findings to our internal and external clients.
- Additionally, they must be able to think critically and creatively to develop solutions and be able to utilize SQL and Python code to perform their investigations.
- Lead detailed analysis to investigate client concerns with Nielsen Retail Measurement Services data
- Conduct elementary deductive reasoning and think critically
- Manage multiple investigations/projects simultaneously
- Represent Data Science in client meetings and interactions with other departments
- Explain products and methodologies directly to clients in a format that meets their level of
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve system anomalies that disrupt client deliverables
- Continually develop the technological skillset
- Identify and develop technological tools that streamline the investigation process.
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, Business or fields that employ rigorous data analysis
- 4-6 years’ experience in at least one of the following fields: data science, survey design, behavioral methods, data analysis, business administration/operations, consulting, logistics/supply chain, management information systems, or operations management/research the ability to speak in French will be a big plus
- Desire to learn and continually upgrade skills
- Disposition to simplify research, work processes, and complex statistical concepts
- Quantitative aptitude with proven data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Python, SAS, R or other statistical packages
- Exposure to big data technologies and machine learning
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
A Little Bit About You
- If you can translate data into a story to our internal and external clients and if you can think critically and creatively to develop solutions and be able to utilize SQL and Python code to perform their investigations this is the job for you!
- We are looking for a person who will not only excellent in technical aspect but will also have experience in client-facing exposure. The manager will manage an international team that communicates in both English and French.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Nielsen Company
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Consumer Insights Executive at Nielsen Company
- Know More About Nielsen CompanySimilar Jobs
- IT Tech Support at 9NL LTD
- Software Developer at Aureole Consulting Limited
- Pre-Sales Engineer at Netcom Africa
- Senior IT Support Officer at Elkris Foods
- IT Officer at Creative Associates International
- Junior/Mid-Level Developer at AGL Consulting Ltd
- Web Developer at Sahel Capital
- Verification Officer at Creative Associates International