Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
- The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for the planning and coordination of office administration and logistics for the MNCH2 project at the Abuja office
- The Administrative Officer is responsible for ensuring that the operational, administrative and facility functions support the timely and effective implementation of the project’s work. This position will be on a fixed term contract currently to December 2019.
Travel and Security:
- Ensure smooth operations at the Abuja office and coordinate any travel logistic support required by the country and state offices.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received at the airport and provided with safe and adequate transportation and accommodation during their stay.
- Work with the security team by providing journey management updates as required.
- Provide guidance and direction to the driver and monitor performance.
- Provide instruction on vehicle use in accordance with policy.
Procurement and Asset Management:
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users.
- Track contracts and initiate procurement processes to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and timely ordering of supplies.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc. with the Senior Operations Manager.
- Ensure tagging and branding of MNCH2 assets is conducted.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is done satisfactorily and in accordance with policy.
- Process daily financial transactions of MNCH2 HQ/Abuja office including petty cash payments and processing payments of PAYE cheques and any other payments as needed.
- Ensure that transactions are fully supported, approved, properly filed and conform to laid down requirements;
- In liaison with the Finance Officer in Kano HQ, ensure adequate maintenance of all MNCH2 Abuja financial records
- Provide office running cost analysis and forecasting as required.
Other Admin Duties:
- Follow-up with Finance & Admin Coordinators/ technical staff in resolving issues as they come up.
- Coordinate delivery of items to the Kano HQ and field offices as the case may be.
- Communicate pressing operations issues to the Senior Operations Manager for technical assistance and further directives.
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures, make recommendations to the Senior Operations Manager accordingly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Operations Manager.
- University Degree required, preferably in Business Administration or related Social Science field.
- Experience in logistics planning and procurement.
- Experience managing DFID-funded activities and knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to details.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application packages like Excel Spreadsheets, Word or other customized accounting software; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on palladiumhr.secure.force.com to apply