Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI) is a non-government organization focusing on the role of communication to impact health and social behavior, build brands and lead in technical guidance.
CCSI is recruiting to fill the position of an Internal Audit Assistant
Internal Audit Assistant
Department: Internal Audit and Compliance
Reporting to: Manager, Internal Audit & Compliance
Purpose of the Job:
1. Assist the Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance in developing and executing the Organization’s audit plan, and take a lead role in the day to day execution of internal
2. Contribute to the Internal Audit (IA) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in
order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a risk-based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on professional judgment and segmentally
- defined internal audit methodology
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process
- weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings
- Propose practical and value-added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies
- Organize and reference work papers for review by Manager, Internal Audit
- Assist in the preparation of a concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the Executive Director and Board
- of Trustee.
- Assists the Manager, Internal Audit in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan
- Supports the Manager, Internal Audit in the development and implementation of the annual audit plan
- Develops and maintains effective and professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization, including Senior Management and the Board
- Conducts investigations of suspected internal fraud
- Verify and inspect accounts receivable and payable ledgers and general ledger for its accuracy.
- Check, inspect and reconcile bank deposits and payments.
- Inspect, test and assess software and hardware systems for its failure.
- Check all accounting and clients’ databases are updated and functioning properly.
- Study, inspect and assess, budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements and records.
- Review and recommend changes in internal audit controls.
- Check and verify accounting books and records are in conformity with industry practices and corporate policies.
- Ensure compliance of regulatory guidelines and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Monitor actions taken by management in response to audit reviews, ensuring that all agreed audit actions and recommendations are accurate and timely implemented
- Ensure that audits are performed with due professional care and there are credible
- audit observations, conclusions and recommendations.
- Perform Partner audits to ensure compliance with donor and Plan’s rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties, including undertaking complex or sensitive reviews and investigations as assigned.
- Prepare monthly and other necessary audit reports to Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance on audit engagement assignments undertaken.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Required Knowledge and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalence in Accounting or Finance
- A possession of professional certification (ICAN ACA or ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in an NGO USAID funded project is essential
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls to
- mitigate risk to tolerance levels defined by management
- Working knowledge of professional performance standards with regarding to planning, testing, sampling and documentation
- Good understanding of accounting principles and financial statements
- Well-developed technical skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Good knowledge of QuickBooks enterprise software is essential
Skills and Attributes
Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the organization
Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with
- Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required
- Strong analytical capability
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge
Demonstrates the desire to continually grow, learn and develop skills and knowledge through external and internal education, training and cross-training opportunities to maximize personal contribution to the organizational goals and ongoing career development.
Ability to understand the organization’s strategic direction, how decisions impact the business, and how to strive to improve organizational performance.
Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality and responsibility in all interactions.
Demonstrates the ability to receive and understand information, and respond verbally or
in writing when interacting with others
Method of Application
Email address for the applications: email@example.com