Audit Senior at Deloitte
Posted on: 19 August, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Deloitte
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
About the Role
- Auditing is a highly complex process, and the importance of auditors as a vital link in the financial reporting chain has never been more important nor their role as trusted advisors more valued.
- The candidate will have the responsibility to be the accountant in charge of audit client engagements, and by implication he/she will provide support to engagement team members.
- The candidates must have a clear understanding of audit process and appreciable knowledge of managing audit engagements. He/she should be conversant with International Standards on Auditing (ISA), International Financial Reporting Standards, Companies and Allied matters Act and other laws and regulations to be used in the audit process.
- Be aware of all the audit imperatives and demonstrate how he/she has specifically implemented these on task assigned
- Display knowledge and application of ISA . He should be research minded and ready to related the applicable ISA to the task assigned
- Should possess ability to display knowledge and application of IFRS, GAAP, IFRS for SME's (where applicable) etc in the audit working paper. Staff at this level should demonstrate ability to assist others understand and apply these reporting frameworks on the job.
- Ability to identify relevant risk from business process and design appropriate response to risk identified.
- Ability to use Audit tools and resources
- Ability to identify weaknesses in control and provide recommendations with a view to adding value to the business of the client.
- Prompt archival of audit file within the approved time limit
- Ability to commence planning and conclude assigned sections/engagement within the stipulated timeframe agreed with management . Staff at this level should show willingness to keep up with engagement budget as it relates to their assigned task/sections
- Effectively communicate engagement progress/status to his/her senior or manager
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a minimum of second class upper (B.Sc., B.A., etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of upper credit
- Have a minimum of credit in five (5) WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- ICAN or ACCA qualification
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience
- Experience in any of the Big 4s will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the firm’s business
- Good understanding of clients’ business
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality as role involves dealing with client information and trade secrets
- Ability to manage information flow and dissemination on a need to know basis
- Effective time management for work flow and delivery of results
- Ability to plan and prioritize workloads in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Living our Purpose - Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Talent development - Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Performance drive - Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Influence - Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Strategic direction - Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Deloitte
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Research Manager at Deloitte
- Experienced Hire - (Consulting) at Deloitte