EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements
and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
Finance and Admin Officer
The USAID/Nigeria's Northern Education Initiative Plus, being implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the quality of and access to education in Nigeria's Northern States. The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for managing project expenditure and accounts for the NEI+ project, meeting USAID requirements using EDC’s policies and procedures. He/she will work closely with the EDC Headquarter Operations Team to ensure Sokoto implementation finance and administration policies are followed. This position is based in Sokoto, Nigeria, and will report to the Sokoto Team Leader.
- Process check requests and wire transfers for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements
- Review and process vendor and consultant fee payments in accordance with USAID and Creative Associates account procedures and contract policies
- Work with the Senior Finance Specialist (based in Abuja) to develop annual budgets
- Develop spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial activities, and maintain spreadsheets with current project expense data
- Provide the Senior Finance Specialist in Abuja with updated monthly cost reports
- Draft quarterly financial reports and monthly ad hoc reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information
- Respond to vendor inquiries regarding status of vouchers, payments, and budget submissions
- Liaise with the Grants Manager in implementation of grants mechanism and assist to assure the smooth operation of the mechanism
- Draft documents for and execute wire transfers from the home office in Washington, DC
- Manage the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the Bauchi office
- Work closely with the home office in Washington, DC to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports, and respond to any inquiries they may have
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting, and reviewing of project expenses
- Oversee project procurement in accordance with the project contract and USAID and Creative requirements and regulations
- Manage employee salary administration according to Nigerian laws, statutory requirements for income taxation, social security and other contributions and benefits. Ensure payroll is correctly calculated, necessary withholdings, deductions are taken care of, salaries, and bonuses are paid on time. As applicable, ensure that tax returns/reports are submitted to the relevant government authorities in a timely manner.
- Responsible for correctly coding inventory in the accounting system and conducting annual reconciliation of the FO inventories to the physical counts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sokoto Team Leader
Skills and Experience
Candidates for this position must have at least 5 years of international development project financial management experience, preferably with a USAID-funded education project. Candidates must be fluent in Hausa and English.
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or related field. Master’s degree highly preferred.
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org "Finance and Administration Officer" in the subject line of the email. Only candidates who are being invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.