The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Senior Manager, Risk Management (Specialized Engineering Risk)
Reference Number: LIPBLR11
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Assist the Bank in identifying mitigating and/or managing the technical and engineering risks inherent in developing and/or financing physical projects by:
- Directly identifying and evaluating such risks and ensuring that they are within the Bank’s risk appetite;
- Playing a critical role in scoping the Terms of Reference to be used in identifying third party professionals to assist the Bank in conducting activities in (i) above, should that be outsourced. Also, be the lead in reviewing the reports so provided for completeness and appropriateness of service rendered;
- Participating in the evaluation and selection of third-party service providers in the areas of conducting project due diligence as well as project monitoring and control and providing the same services where the Bank chooses not to outsource them;
- Identifying and clearly communicating risks inherent in projects being developed or financed by the Bank;
- Supporting relevant departments of the Bank in monitoring the performance of credits and value of project assets;
- Making appropriate recommendations to management aimed at preserving and enhancing the value and/or life of the project assets.
- Participate in detailed project appraisal, in accordance with existing Bank procedures;
- Oversee the execution of approved projects to ensure that they are being implemented according to design;
- Review project documentation and guide the Bank’s decision with respect to the technical closure of the project;
- Review exception reports to ensure timely decision making where remedial action needs to be undertaken;
- Support the Credit Quality Assurance unit in monitoring the various technical covenants and undertakings customary to specialized lending transactions to ensure that such facilities maintain acceptable credit quality throughout their life;
- Support the development, review and risk assessment of the Bank’s own initiated projects to ensure that the Bank implements projects that are within its set risk appetite;
- Effectively assess and mitigate specialized lending risks across the entire value chain including pre-stage research, investment model design, business negotiation, project financing, exit mechanism and implementation management;
- Develop reporting systems to manage, monitor and report activities related to the specialized lending assets and Bank owned projects;
- Prepare timely and comprehensive activity reports to Senior Management on a monthly basis; and
- Undertake all such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director Risk Management.
- A First Degree in Engineering in the following disciplines: Civil, Mechanical, Process, Environmental, Chemical, Electrical or Architecture, and a Postgraduate Degree in Economics, Commerce, Operations Research, Business Administration or Project Management;
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience with at least 3 years in project management and project evaluation. Experience in financial and investment appraisals will be an added advantage;
- Candidates who successfully organized or participated in overseas/international investment projects in infrastructure, manufacturing will be preferred;
- Previous experience in infrastructure development, with in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following fields: electricity, transportation (road, rail networks, ports and harbours, airports), ICT and urban infrastructure;
- Experience with project appraisals; investment analysis; risk analysis;
- Experience in investment analysis (technical) and decision making in a multicultural organization;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with diverse clientele and situations as well as the ability to resolve problems using sound judgment;
- Good command of project modelling, operations research, strong project evaluation, project management and financial analysis skills;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic, and Portuguese);
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to build and manage senior-level interactions with a range of external stakeholders up to executive level;
- Ability to propose innovative solutions to complex problems which have a significant impact on the function or wider business;
- Possesses the highest personal and professional integrity; and
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
CHECK OUT THE OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONS HERE