Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Supply Chain Coordinator - Logistics
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Availability: As soon as possible
Designation of Duty Station: Non-Family duty station.
Overall purpose of the role
The Supply Chain Coordinator - Logistics will be responsible for all warehousing, transportation of goods and people, vehicle fleet management and general logistics support to the programme:
- Localizing and adapting DRC policies within support area to local circumstances
- Contribute to the development of country strategies.
- Contributes to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in logistics
- Lead the coordination with the programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
- Ensure that all logistics specific DRC/donors’ rules and policies are understood and respected
- Responsible for assigned operational budgetary lines within programmes
- Provides Technical support
- Fleet: management of rental and owned vehicles, generators, speed boats & motorbikes (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Transport: management of all transportation of goods and people (via road, river, air) to-from areas of operations and-or other DRC offices
- Asset: registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of DRC assets accordingly to donors’ rule and policies (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Warehouse: manage the DRC warehouse and stores (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Premises: health and safety, contract management and repairs/maintenance at DRC premises
As Coordinator the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for coordinating strategy and operations within a specific discipline in a region or country
- Usually has technical line responsibilities within a given discipline, for both strategy and operations
- Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
- Coordinates the daily activities of small teams, often comprised of subordinates and/or employees carrying out similar tasks
- Does not have direct line management responsibility for staff, but may contribute to recruitment and/or performance appraisal of members of the team
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate each of DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: you focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process
- Collaborating: you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: you take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: you act in line with our vision and values
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in a similar position
- Field experience
- Working experience from an international humanitarian organization
- A good understanding of the logistics rules and regulations of major international donors
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master's degree in e.g. Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
- Driving license
- Excellent communication skills in English is required.
- Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance.
- Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for national staff conditions in the respective Country. This position is under Employment band N.M.G level 1
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply