Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
Head, Transport Engineering
Purpose of the Job
- This is a vital position to head and manage design & planning of network unit and providing technical solutions for connecting cell sites and enterprise customer locations for excellent customer experience.
- This person will be interacting with the Partners’ teams’ very extensively. Robust, flexible and state of art fiber and microwave transmission network planning & delivery is the essence of the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Transmission Design based on optical fibre network and Microwave.
- Design the MBPN and data network
- Pre-qualification & participation in the ordered network elements based on engineering and commercial aspects.
- Definition of network reference architecture designs for Airtel OpCo transmission and transport networks to support IP/TDM based mobile voice/data, enterprise and other services, with the aim at delivering clear design targets to the Africa operations to plan and execute against.
- Identify and evaluate converging technology opportunities as well as study and evaluate market trends that apply directly and indirectly to the Airtel OpCo of assignment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Sound knowledge of fiber optics network for Mobile & Enterprise Network - Planning
- Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications
- 10 years telecommunication experience
- More than 6 years’ experience in Transport Planning.
- Experience in optical fiber networks design, DWDM
- MBPN and IP design
- Ericsson or Huawei Transmission experience is required.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in challenging environment.
- Analytical thinking and decision making
- Dynamic personality
- Analytical and Presentation skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.